Managing Attorney - Personal Injury
- Job Title
- Managing Attorney - Personal Injury
- Job ID
- Milford, CT 06473
- Other Location
A North Haven County law firm seeks a Sr-level Attorney to over see, mentor, & teach an 8 attorney team, in their pre-lit department and . Candidate MUST have management/supervisor experience.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Able to manage, lead and motivate in a positive way.
- 6+ years personal injury management experience.
- Good standing with CT Bar.
- Proven experience supervising and managing multiple attorney's and support staff.
- Able to maintain high volume cases of about 50 cases your self.
- Litigation & Trial experience is a plus but not required.
- 30% Travel involved.
- Excellent pay with full benefits package.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for handling and/or managing a broad range of personal injury case matters.
- Provide attorney's and support staff with legal advice and counsel on pre-litigation dispute resolution, contractual and legal liability analysis, and a broad range of other related counsel as necessary.
- Actively manage a wide range of pre-litigation cases and litigation matters both directly and through team.
- Work closely with clients, outside counsel, law firm management, and other constituencies to the effectively and efficiently manage the company’s pre-litigation caseload.
- Provide legal advice on all case related issues.
- Provide legal advice and support to the management and pre-litigation team.
- Strong client focus and excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively work both independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness and desire to learn new skills and to take on new responsibilities.
- Highest level of integrity, discretion and professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including ability to communicate complex information in a succinct, easy-to-understand format.
- Computer savvy background and/or case management software experience preferred.
- PI defense litigation attorneys with management experience are urged to apply.
QUALIFIED ATTORNEYS WILL BE CONTACTED FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION