Sr. Security Network Engineer
- Job Title
- Sr. Security Network Engineer
- Job ID
San Diego based global enterprise is looking for a passionate cyber engineer to evaluate network security strategy and architecture, provide improvements, and collaborate with team members on seamless security architecture. We are looking for you to bring your breadth of technical knowledge of the security landscape to develop requirements, research, and manage security technologies. You have the support of executive leadership and the strength of the global team, all backing an organization that knows the true importance of enterprise security.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of serving as a cyber engineering subject matter expert and will work in conjunction with both technical and business-oriented teams to provide secure environments for both the internal enterprise and customer deployments. The right person will:
- Develop, maintain and report on metrics of successful implementation.
- Participate in the review and analysis of internal projects and external requirements that may have an impact on security.
- Build system baselines to adhere to for all future build-outs.
- Be aware of the IT security requirements for the business and implement measures to satisfy those requirements most efficient manner.
- Keep abreast of emerging security technologies and make appropriate recommendations regarding their implementation.
In addition to a solid track record of information security engineering expertise, the right candidate will have several, but may not have all, of the following skill and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Equivalent experience or certifications (CISSP, CCSP, CEH, PMP, GCIH or GSEC) is also acceptable.
- Around 7-ish years of experience in information security
- In the neighborhood of 2 years of experience managing and implementing security technologies
- Strong knowledge of IT security trends, network and internet security, IT standards procedures and policies
*Confused about our requirements? Don't be. We are well aware that talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether or not you're qualified, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
The Sr. Network Security Engineer will be located in the San Diego headquarters where he or she can best influence enterprise technical strategy.
Our client knows that their business runs through the power of the people it values. They offer a strong benefit package as well as performance incentives and possible relocation assistance.
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)