Senior Network Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Network Engineer
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37209
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 36 states and currently employ 200+ individuals nation-wide. Our client base ranges from Fortune 100/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are used exclusively due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and full time hire placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Our client has been around since 2009 and was started here in Nashville. Their focus is to provide IT solutions to clients nationwide. This gives all employees the ability to work on various short term and long term projects. Before hiring full time, they prefer to bring people on board in a contract to hire capacity. Some travel is required depending on current client business and the position you hold but this particular position requires less than 10% travel. If you are looking to provide effective IT solutions for a variety of problems with different companies and enjoy working in a client facing capacity, we encourage you to reach out and apply! During these contracts and once individuals are brought on full time, all employees will have access to a strong healthcare plan, PTO, flexible scheduling, and several other benefits that we are happy to explain once we connect with you.
Title: Mid- Senior Network Engineer - Network Solutions
- Must have strong experience in design and architecture as well extensive and recent hands-on experience – must be close to CCIE caliber.
- Needs to understand and explain various protocols, abbreviations/acronyms, and how they work in a large and complex enterprise environment.
- Experience with enterprise-wide migrations and upgrades.
- Needs excellent oral and written communication skills and to be polished, professional, and comfortable in front of customers.
- Basic knowledge or experience with firewalls (such as Cisco, PAN, CheckPoint), load balancers (such as F5), and wireless (such as Aruba, Meraki) technologies is a huge plus.
- 4 to 5 plus years of hands on experience with routers and switches and related technologies.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Advanced Technical Certifications in Networking or Technology
• 4+ yrs. Experience in IT networking
• 4+ yrs. Experience with Cisco technologies
• 2+ yrs. Experience in either Wireless, Security, Collaboration, or Cloud technologies
• Cisco certifications: CCNA, CCNP Route/Switch
• Familiarity with designing, architecting, and supporting Layer 3 Routing (OSPF, BGP, static, route-maps, etc.), Layer 2 Switching (STP, vPC, VSS, 802.1q, LACP, etc.) technologies
• Preferred experience in delivering IT solutions as a consultant
*Proficiency in MS Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)*