Senior Java Developer
- Job Title
- Senior Java Developer
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37208
- Other Location
TITLE: Sr. Java Developer
Our Nashville based client is seeking an experience Senior Java Developer to join their growing team!!! Known for it's culture, opportunity for growth, fast-paced environment, and the amazing people who contribute daily; our client is a leading global provider of specialized workforce payment products and services including fuel cards, fleet cards, food cards, corporate lodging discount cards and other specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world. In 2016 FORBES listed them as the 14th most innovative company in the world, and the 74th fastest growing company!!
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
- Translate user requirements into a well-defined software and system design.
- Evaluate cost, effort, and duration required and accurately estimate the required development tasks.
- Develop and maintain custom software applications in support of the business needs.
- Debug and test (unit and functional) developed software to minimize the cost of errors.
- Follow approved software development life cycle.
- Prepare diagrams and documentation to illustrate application functionality.
- Develop and implement operating procedures in coordination with Operations, Infrastructure, and Security Departments.
- Communicate effectively with product management, project management, business owners, and other stakeholders throughout the software development life cycle.
- Conduct training and presentations for developers, business users, and stakeholders.
- Provide technical leadership on complex application development efforts.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 5-10 years full stack Java development
- Oracle and/ or DB2 experience
- MQ (message broker) experience or other message broker tools would be a 'Nice to Have'
- Eclipse (IDE) experience
- Spring framework or other frameworks
- Maven build automation tool or other build tools
- Agile experience is only a 'Nice to Have'
- API experience
- Certifications (Oracle or Java) are 'Nice to Have'