Security Control Assessor
- Job Title
- Security Control Assessor
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Security Control Assessor
Ability to Obtain Public Trust Clearance
Are you and experienced Security Control Assessor who can take a security plan, identify controls to be tested, and develop a solid test and assessment plan?
Are you adept at documenting test plans for security controls at both a high level and very detailed level?
Are you ready to join an employee-focused firm that values a culture of providing long-term opportunities to their team members?
Talent Orchard has been engaged by a well-established defense service provider in their search for an Security Control Assessor to develop and execute security assessment plans to determine whether program-level or system-level security controls are implemented and effective. The ideal candidate shall know and follow all applicable federal regulations including A-123, OMB, FISCAM, FISMA, FedRAMP, NIST Special Publications and FIPS requirements.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Ability to work successfully as a part of a project team
- Reviewing system security plans to determine appropriate procedures to assess security controls
- Developing security assessment plans in accordance with NIST SP 800-53A
- Obtaining assessment evidence by interviewing personnel, reviewing artifacts, and executing testing procedures
- Actively supporting the POA&M closure process
- Utilizing CSAM effectively
- Completing assessments related to A-123, ATOs, and continuous monitoring
- Assessing the security controls for cloud-based systems and systems hosted on-premises
- Completing assessments in accordance to established deadlines and timeframes
- Communicating control weaknesses to stakeholders verbally and in writing
Your Background should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology discipline
- 5+ Years of experience testing, assessing, and documenting government IT systems for Certification and Accreditation (C&A) according to NIST Special Publication 800-53A
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) discipline
- ISC2Certified Authorization Professional (CAP®) Certification
- ISC2Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) Certification
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #securitycontrolassessor #informationsecurity @publictrustjobs @DCjobs #NIST80053a #C&A