Senior Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
- Job Title
- Senior Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Senior Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Ability to Obtain Public Trust Clearance
Are you a strong ISSO with the ability to lead POA&M management and drive to completion?
Do you have a desire to work closely with high-level government leaders to implement strong system security plans that will provide controls to secure our nation’s IT systems?
Talent Orchard has been engaged by a well-established defense service provider in their search for a Senior Information System Security Officer (ISSO) who has hands-on experience with implementing the NIST Risk Management Framework. The Lead ISSO will manage and mentor a team of ISSOs and provide technical guidance as necessary. The ideal candidate shall know and follow all applicable federal regulations including A-123, OMB, FISCAM, FISMA, FedRAMP, NIST Special Publications and FIPS requirements.
Would you like to:
- Work as a part of a project team, while providing technical guidance and completing tasks associated with: categorizing information systems; selecting NIST security controls; documenting the implementation of security controls; providing recommendation for implementing security controls; assessing the implementation of security controls; assembling security authorization packages; briefing the Information System Security Manager, CISO, and Authorizing Official; and managing POA&Ms.
- Develop, review, and update security controls in system security plans.
- Obtain control implementation evidence by interviewing personnel and reviewing artifacts.
- Follow the POA&M closure process.
- Utilize CSAM.
- Support assessments related to A-123, ATOs, and continuous monitoring.
- Provide security recommendations for cloud-based systems and systems hosted on-premises.
- Communicate control weaknesses to stakeholders verbally and in writing.
Your Background should include:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of IT experience and not less than five (5) years of experience performing ISSO duties as well as assisting in the testing, assessing, and documenting the implementation of security controls, and continuous monitoring
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) is required by the contract
- Hands-on experience with NIST SP 800-37 and all referenced FIPS and NIST special publications
- Ability to pass background check and obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM discipline
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #ISSO #informationsecurity @publictrustjobs @DCjobs