Capture and Proposal Manager
- Job Title
- Capture and Proposal Manager
- Job ID
- Beavercreek, OH
- Other Location
- Arlington, VA
Clearance Required: Eligible to obtain a US government security clearance
Azimuth Corp is actively looking for a self-motivated Capture & Proposal Manager with experience and proven results within the federal market with focus in the Department of Defense (DoD) and National Security arenas.
The Capture & Proposal Manager will be a key driver of growth in Azimuth’s DoD portfolio and is expected to work within a dynamic team environment and will be part of a fast paced and highly collaborative business development organization. The ideal candidate must have the initiative to aid in the identification of new business opportunities and to move captures from capture initiation to contract win with the flexibility to adapt to a fast growth environment. If you're self-motivated, enjoy working and playing hard, and want to be part of a fast-growing business then we want to hear from you!
The Capture & Proposal Manager will focus on full range of activities from opportunity identification and qualification through proposal and transition support. As the Capture Manager, you will maintain and mature a pipeline of growth opportunities, work with the business development and management teams to foster teaming relationships, assess competitive landscape, develop winning strategies and prepare for proposal development. As the Proposal Manager, you will have the responsibility of coordinating all phases of the company’s proposal process in response to U.S. government and commercial requests for proposals (RFPs). You will ensure all of the company’s proposals are fully executed from start to finish including coordinating the proposal process, coordinating the technical writing, preparing the actual proposals, and ensuring proposals are fully compliant and delivered on time to the clients.
The ability to meet deadlines, a commitment to teamwork, and detailed follow-through will be the key to success in this role. You will often work on tight deadlines, and will have to coordinate and/or delegate tasks required to successfully capture and fully complete a proposal, such as writing, editing and other efforts associated with the process.
The candidate will report to Azimuth’s Executive Vice President and will work closely with Azimuth’s program managers and other senior leaders to support the development and execution of the Azimuth’s growth strategy.
Core Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the President, Executive Vice President and other senior leaders to identify, refine, and execute Azimuth’s Strategic Growth Strategy.
- Participate in tracking and achieving yearly growth targets and build opportunity pipelines for out years.
- Support identification of potential opportunities, arranging meetings, initiating marketing strategies, building and strengthening Azimuth relationships.
- Develop, coordinate and/or execute effective call plans for meetings with target clients, program managers, and industry partners.
- Prepare, present, and mature opportunities using Azimuth’s Internal Business Development and Capture Management Processes.
- Assist in the development of successful pricing strategies, identifying risks, and interpreting solicitation requirements with Account Director and Proposal Managers on win themes.
- Coordinate all phases of the company’s proposal process in response to U.S. government and commercial requests for proposals (RFPs).
Supporting Roles and Responsibilities
- Support outreach to OSD agencies, including assistance with building new partnerships and communication strategies; developing methods to expand Azimuth’s customer base; and developing strategies to help ensure consistent, efficient, and effective solutions.
- Interface and manage teaming partners for existing relationship as well as developing potential future partners for upcoming opportunities.
- Represent Azimuth at industry events.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, including other capture team members, client executives, proposal managers, corporate infrastructure departments and program management teams to ensure effective, efficient, and integrated implementation of Azimuth capture strategies.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 10+ years of experience, five of which in the OSD environment; federal contracting/business development/capture management experience is a must.
- Must have a demonstrated/verifiable track record of proven success in the design and implementation of sound capture and proposal development strategies, as well as successful pursuit of opportunities within the DoD and/or National Security environment.
- Direct experience identifying and leading the capture of multiple mid ($15M+) to large scale deals ($50M+) within the federal market.
- 5 years successful proposal writing experience leading multi-million-dollar government proposals.
- Experience capturing Full and Open, ID/IQ, Multiple Award, and BPA contracts and task orders.
- A working knowledge of government and military contracts, GSA and FAR is required.
- Core skills (required):
- Ability to deliver compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer agreed upon timeframes.
- Independently define, schedule, and manage the proposal preparation process, including the ability to understand and analyze the details of an RFP is a must.
- Coordinate and edit proposal input from a variety of sources.
- Desire to succeed in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving business organization.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong written English language skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is a necessity.
- Business Development databases such as FedBizOps, GovWin, etc.
- Advanced skills (highly desired):
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral); able to communicate at a senior level; demonstrated personality and leadership skills to engage and motivate a diverse group of Engineers, Project Managers, Consultants and Subcontractors is required.
- A working knowledge of Shipley proposal processes is preferred.
- Document template management.
- Driving subject matter experts to produce winning content.
- Desired Skills:
- Mature and active network of contacts relevant to the DoD OSD market and the contractor industry that supports and operates within those markets.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) based competitive procurements.
Physical Requirements / Travel
- Normal office environment; Normal work schedule will be 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. May be required to work additional hours and/or weekends, as needed, to meet deadlines.
- Some travel will be required.
Azimuth is an award-winning Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Business specializing in providing acquisition management, financial management, and program management support to the federal government. Azimuth's strong understanding of federal acquisition, contract, financial management and program management organization (PMO) lifecycles paves the way for mature organizational processes, experienced resources, responsive management and proven management methodologies to meet and exceed client goals. Excellence, Integrity, Accountability, Community and Humility are the core values of Azimuth as we continue to strive in becoming a recognized leader in the management consulting community that both federal agencies and industry partners value doing business with. We are an organization that offers both our employees and clients an exceptional experience; our culture will be contagious, while always maintaining a genuine reputation.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Azimuth Corporation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Required Skills
Bachelor's and 10 years of experience in federal contracting/business development/capture management; 5 years of experience in the OSD environment.