- Job Title
- Job ID
- Manning, SC
- Other Location
• Set up and operate a variety of machines to produce/modify precision parts. Includes applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
• Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
• Must be able to measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
• Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
• Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
• Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
• Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
• Determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
• Time Management of one's own time and the time of others.
• The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
• The ability to adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions quickly and repeatedly.
o All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
o High School diploma and 5-10 years machining experience.
o Ability to troubleshoot on the spot
o Can assist QC in determining control dimensions to be charted.
o Communicated effectively with team members as well as management.
o Keeps work area clean and organized.
o Required to stand for extended periods. Ability to stand, bend, stoop, lift and walk. Maximum unassisted lift is 30 pounds. The proper PPE is required.