Front Office, MA,
- Job Title
- Front Office, MA,
- Job ID
- Indianapolis, IN 46260
- Other Location
OVERVIEW: The Front Office Associate is responsible for scheduling appointments by phone and in person. Position is located in North side Indianapolis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Open's Office daily, forwards and un-forward telephone lines from the answering service.
- Greet & Directs patients, salespeople, visitors.
- Obtains authorization and signatures for HIPAA.
- Schedules appointments and enters demographics, insurance information, appointment date and time into computerized scheduler.
- Prints daily patient list and distributes to appropriate personnel.
- Records when appointments have been rescheduled, canceled, or reason for "no-shows”.
- Monitors I-Remind System.
- Open & distributes mail.
- Prepare and send UPS.
- Enroll patients into the Patient Portal.
- Some INIM Front Offices schedule all out-patient radiology testing.
- Answers incoming calls, directs caller to appropriate department or responds to inquiry.
- Assists with other medical office needs, including registering patients, check-in, check out, receiving payments, co-payments, scanning insurance cards & picture ID’s into Practice Management System.
- Scanning medical records into the Acumen EHR system.
- Cross trained to cover all front office positions.
- Check in & out.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
COMPETENCIES - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Designs work flows and procedures.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses.
- Pursues training and development opportunities.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Shares expertise with others.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Meets commitments.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Listens to others without interrupting.
- Keeps emotions under control.
- Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Listens and gets clarification.
- Responds well to questions.
- Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Participates in meetings.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Puts success of team above own interests.
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Varies writing style to meet needs.
- Presents numerical data effectively.
- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Inspires respect and trust.
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect.
- Keeps commitments.
- Inspires the trust of others.
- Works with integrity and ethically.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Benefits organization through outside activities.
- Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses.
- Identifies external threats and opportunities.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Manages competing demands.
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Keeps commitments
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Volunteers readily.
- Undertakes self-development activities.
- Seeks increased responsibilities.
- Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Uses time efficiently.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows through on commitments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Completes work in timely manner.
- Works quickly.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
Language, Math and Reasoning
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
- One year certificate from college or technical school; and three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Driver’s License.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Project Management System (Allscripts P.M., Acumen EHR)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- There are no special vision requirements.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This position works in an environment with moderate noise level. (Examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic.)