Corporate Associate Attorney
- Job Title
- Corporate Associate Attorney
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX
- Other Location
Lewis & Associates is a global professional staffing and recruitment search firm specializing in strategic solutions for Legal and Administrative staffing. We make every effort to ensure the highest degree of professionalism and integrity in the staffing process. Helping companies overcome their staffing challenges, as well as assisting job seekers in finding the perfect position. We understand the demanding role of recruiting to source the highest level of professionals while incorporating proven, innovative, and successful recruiting techniques of the past, present, and future. Since your needs are constantly changing, we want to make getting the help you need as easy as possible.
Our client is a full-service, international law firm that ranks among The American Lawyer’s top U.S. law firms. Their team has earned a solid reputation in complex litigation, regulatory and transactional work. They serve their clients’ interests first, and these clients range from Fortune 500 and middle market public and private companies to start-ups and emerging businesses. Through its wide-ranging international footprint, the firm has received numerous industry recognitions as a global leader in the middle market sector.
The firm team builds collaborative relationships and crafts creative solutions to solve problems - all designed and executed with long-term strategic goals in mind. Among the firm’s many strong practice areas are appellate, aviation, bankruptcy/restructuring/insolvency, business litigation and dispute resolution, class action litigation, consumer finance, corporate and finance transactions, employee benefits, energy, environmental, financial services, fund formation, health care and life sciences, insurance and reinsurance, intellectual property, international, labor and employment, mergers and acquisitions, privacy and cyber security, private equity, public finance, public law, real estate, regulatory, REIT, tax, technology, telecommunications, venture capital, and white collar criminal defense and internal investigations.
In the United States, the firm has an extremely well-recognized presence in Texas, the Northeast, the Midwest, the Southeast and the West Coast in addition to strong offices in Hong Kong and London. The Firm provides national and international clients service across a full range of practices and industries from offices in Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Hartford, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Morristown, New Orleans, New York, Providence, Stamford, Sacramento, San Francisco, Washington D.C. and West Palm Beach.
We are seeking qualified candidates for an Associate position within the Corporate Department of a top Dallas law firm. This person would be part of an Energy Practice Group. The ideal candidate is a 4-6 year corporate attorney with specific oil and gas experience. The candidate must be admitted to the bar in Texas, have excellent academic credentials, and have significant experience running deals.
Candidates for Associate positions must be able to provide effective and reliable legal services to clients and supervising attorneys.
Associates are routinely required to:
- Provide thorough factual and legal research and analysis;
- Draft necessary agreements and documents with efficiency and clarity;
- Manage projects from commencement to closing;
- Competently and professionally communicate with clients and supervising attorneys; and
- Complete tasks efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Strong organization and matter management skills;
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with Clients, Partners, Associate and Support Staff;
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team;
- Clear and effective drafting skills;
- Exceptional project management skills;
- Ability to effectively manage junior associates and others;
- Strong negotiating skills;
- Demonstrable knowledge of oil and gas transactions and terms of typical agreements; and
- Demonstrable knowledge of Texas oil and gas law.
Juris Doctor. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in Texas.