- Job Title
- Job ID
- San Diego, CA 92120
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates brand, is looking for a talented Senior Software Architect to join our Professional Services Solutions Development team. We’re looking for individuals who have a passion for developing world-class products, maximizing quality and building it once effectively! Successful Software Architects must have a full understanding of the tools, platforms, and technologies used to develop exceptional products. Must have experience successfully guiding implementation of microservices architecture within a large-scale internet application.
This position will be part of a dynamic team that is dedicated to delivering applications for high-quality, on-time software releases leveraging best-of-breed agile and DevOps practices with a focus on how to enable the operations of those applications through a combination of infrastructure solutions, continuous delivery & integration, and efficient system sustainment planning. The preferred candidate is one who enjoys working within a team in an entrepreneurial environment, influencing the long-term direction of our solutions while working with a similarly minded group of people. Our team operates very much like a startup, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. We place a high value on continued education. Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want – if your work hours match US business hours. You can also choose to work from one of our offices if that’s preferred. You’ll get the chance to choose your own tools and contribute to products that are used by hundreds of thousands of people.
Your Personal Characteristics Include
- You are go-getter and lead by example
- You are passionate about creating world-class web experiences for our customers and will work smart to achieve this
- You have a passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing and working in a team environment
- You hold a point of view and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions or question the value of the proposal, but are humble enough to recognize and adopt the views of others
- 7+ years of progressive experience architecting and developing software applications with knowledge of enterprise IT infrastructure and organization functions
- Experience designing and building scalable and highly available microservices in a distributed system with a focus on high concurrency and low latency
- Experience working with agile software development and how that impacts the operations of software
- Experience with AWS Public Cloud products & services
- Experience working with SOA principles, Design Patterns and the ability to provide solutions based on them
- Experience with (consuming or creating) REST and SOAP Web Service APIs
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience with (consuming or creating) GraphQL Web Service APIs
- Strong work ethic and a desire to help drive a successful architectural vision to stakeholders
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and new techniques
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills required
- Amazing team player with interpersonal skills
- Experience with using Git as a distributed version control system in a collaborative environment
- Familiar with AWS Products and Solutions such as Well-Architected framework, IAM, EC2, S3, Elastic Load Balancing, CloudWatch, CodeCommit, Elastic Beanstalk, Secrets Manager, Route 53, Cognito, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, Lambda
- Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable production applications
- Familiar with containerization solutions like Docker
- Experience with single page applications using modern frameworks such as Angular/AngularJS, React, Vue.js
- Credit union industry and/or Episys/PowerOn/SymXchange experience is a plus
- Provides architectural and “big picture” oversight for development of new or enhanced products.
- Translates customer business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for solutions and integrating architecture.
- Acts as an advocate for the customer, as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address customer’s business problems.
- Provides direction for design activities.
- Provides technical advice to other departments within the company, and is responsible for integrating components built by product developers.
- Analyzes the scope, timeline, and specifications of tasks; delegates assignments to other architects. Writes high-level implementation plans for enhancements and fixes to be refined by team members under direction.
- Provides technical assistance to support staff. Assists with implementations of enhancements and fixes by providing coding knowledge.
- Tests and reviews programming to discover any errors and confirm that the programs meet the required specifications.
- Creates system and development documentation.
- Administers various change management tasks.
- Maintains an awareness and understanding of competing products and provides ideas for innovation and improvement in order to maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Assists less experienced peers.
- May develop code for the design/creation of new software products, enhancements, and fixes.