- Job Title
- Job ID
- San Diego, CA 92120
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Professional Services Solutions Development team. We’re looking for individuals who have a passion for developing world-class products, maximizing quality and building it once effectively! The preferred candidate is one who enjoys working within a team in an entrepreneurial environment, influencing the long-term direction of our solutions while working with a similarly minded group of people. Our team operates very much like a startup, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. We place a high value on continued education. In this position, you will join a team of talented peers building out core components, tools, and experiences - both services and web. If you're keen to contribute to the delivery of high performance, high traffic microservices, and APIs, with built-in scalability and monitoring in the AWS cloud, then read on! Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want – if your work hours match US business hours. You can also choose to work from one of our offices if that’s preferred. You’ll get the chance to choose your own tools and contribute to products that are used by hundreds of thousands of people.
Your Personal Characteristics Include
- You are go-getter and lead by example
- You are passionate about creating world-class web experiences for our customers and will work smart to achieve this
- You have a passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing and working in a team environment
- You take pride in writing clean, quality code, but can balance this with business practicality
- You hold a point of view and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions or question the value of the proposal, but are humble enough to recognize and adopt the views of others
- 7+ years of experience in full-stack development
- Experience building complex, robust, and highly scalable production applications
- Experience with task automation, continuous integration, and delivery (gulp, Grunt, Webpack, test automation, Jenkins)
- Experience with (consuming or creating) REST and SOAP Web Service APIs
- Experience designing and implementing robust microservice environments
- Expertise with Unit testing, Test-driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience with (consuming or creating) GraphQL Web Service APIs
- Ability to understand and communicate a feature design from model to the endpoint to the front-end
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and new techniques
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills required
- Amazing team player with interpersonal skills
- Experience with using Git as a distributed version control system in a collaborative environment
- Familiar with AWS Products and Solutions such as Well-Architected framework, IAM, EC2, S3, Elastic Load Balancing, CloudWatch, CodeCommit, Elastic Beanstalk, Secrets Manager, Route 53, Cognito, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, Lambda
- Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable production applications
- Familiarity with the full software development lifecycle with Agile methodologies
- Familiar with containerization solutions like Docker
- Experience with building single page applications using modern frameworks such as Angular/AngularJS, React, Vue.js
- Credit union industry and/or Banking/Credit Union Systems experience is a plus
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including Product Owners – regarding user stories, acceptance criteria, the definition of done, and other program-related decisions
- Develop solutions that are of high quality, scalable, cloud-based, reliable, and reusable
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan and execute at high velocity, and across teams throughout the organization to reuse existing components and architect shared functionality
- Investigate and prototype technologies that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations in meeting business and customer goals
- Lead process improvement initiatives to improve the quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- Coach, mentor, and guide peers to deliver the best solution keeping in mind return on investment and total cost of ownership
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May assist less experienced peers.