Sr. QA Analyst - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. QA Analyst - Contract
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75025
- Other Location
Title: Sr. QA Analyst
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
With minimal supervision, assures quality of new and existing software solutions by executing test plans and scripts to verify that new or modified software programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines. Communicates and coordinates results with impacted departments and tracks statistical information. At times, may be assigned to help coordinate test activities of others.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in quality assurance or software testing
Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Information Systems is preferred
Proficient background testing C# or Java based applications
Blend of automated and manual testing
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Excellent knowledge of functional testing
- Excellent knowledge of integration testing
- Excellent understanding of test design and testing methodologies
- Three years of experience testing SOA applications used in large scale production banking, credit, or debit card processors
- Three years of experience testing SOAP, Restful, or other mobile applications in support of financial transaction processing
- Thorough knowledge of EFT, Credit and Debit Card Authorization processes to include ISO-8583 message structures and data elements
- Ability to effectively communicate highly technical information both verbally and in writing
- Ability to create diagrams, charts or other methods of visualization to communicate complex processes for software solutions which are comprised of diverse but integrated, cross-platform applications
- Must be able to write effective test plans and logical test cases that will exercise functional areas within complex financial services applications based on system and functional requirements
- Must be able to define highly complex test cases and scenarios for diverse systems which have been integrated to create a single solution
- Must be able to execute test cases with automated toolsets
- Must be able to seed ample and accurate test data into relational databases for the validation of all desired functionality
- Possess the ability to execute capacity and performance tests related to specific subsystems within a complex architecture
- Possess the ability to test systems which are comprised of multiple integrated applications but intended to perform a single set of complex functions
- Possess the ability to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple projects
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Executes and creates test plans and clear, concise scripts for new products or enhancements to existing products. Defines comprehensive scenarios and variations in data to adequately perform testing.
- Schedules and performs functional, integration, regression, and release testing; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected. Reports test results and status as appropriate. Track defects and causal analyses to closure. Acts independently to review and certify test results of other analysts and testers.
- Reviews and provides feedback on requirements, design, or scope documents.
- Helps set standards for test design.
- Interacts with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and development teams to identify and refine test requirements.
- Coordinates and performs highly complex testing projects from initiation through delivery. Ensures that testing projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical departments to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Supports and advocates established testing procedures and may provide input to establish those procedures.
- Prepares test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements. May review test plans and test reports.
- Plans, coordinates, and reports the test activities of others as assigned. Performs test reviews.
- Develops and creates test design frameworks and teaches team members how to implement testing processes.
- Keeps abreast of software industry “Best Practices” and trends and communicates new information to QA team.
- May assist with automated scripts from team members.
- May assist with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- May lead education and training, alpha and beta testing, and changes for documentation update or correction.
- Cross-trains and mentors less experienced QA team members.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing, may prepare enhancement test plans used at beta site.