Plant Human Resource Manager
- Job Title
- Plant Human Resource Manager
- Job ID
- Bluffton, IN 46714
- Other Location
Performs functions to plan, direct, or coordinate human resources activities and staff of the plant. Manage staff in their execution of duties and responsibilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, termination of employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, benefits, safety and employee relations.
- Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the training activities of an organization.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Manage and administer Workers’ Compensation programs and coordinate all safety and training initiatives with HSE professional.
- Supervise employee performance by setting goals and conducting period review of progress towards attainment.
- Reporting on department activities to Leadership Team.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor degree in business.
- 5 to 7 years experience.
- Manufacturing environment experience.
- MS Office.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, deal with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Excellent teamwork, collaboration and communication skills (oral and written).
- Data driven decision making skills.
- This position works with limited physical effort in conditions with minimal exposure to noise and operating machinery.