Accounts Payable Specialist
- Job Title
- Accounts Payable Specialist
- Job ID
- Lincolnshire, IL
- Other Location
Accounts Payable Specialist (Contract)
Talent Orchard LLC is the retained recruiting and contract staffing partner for Melinta Therapeutics. Our client has a need for an Accounts Payable Specialist (Contractor) to work under contract through Talent Orchard LLC.
Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. is the largest pure-play antibiotics company, dedicated to saving lives threatened by the global public health crisis of bacterial infections through the development and commercialization of novel antibiotics that provide new therapeutic solutions. Its four marketed products include Baxdela™ (delafloxacin), Vabomere™ (meropenem and vaborbactam), Orbactiv®(oritavancin), and Minocin® (minocycline) for Injection. It also has an extensive pipeline of preclinical and clinical-stage products representing many important classes of antibiotics, each targeted at a different segment of the anti-infective market. Together, this portfolio provides Melinta with the unique ability to provide providers and patients with a range of solutions that can meet the tremendous need for novel antibiotics treating serious infections. Visit www.melinta.com for more information.
The Accounts Payable Specialist provides a great opportunity to work independently utilizing the latest technology across the organization. This role plays an integral part to the reputation and success of the business. The accounts payable cycle is involved in processing on average, over 700 invoices per month, keeping the business moving in the right direction.
Duties and responsibilities
- Process invoices through Concur Invoice in accordance with company policies.
- Prepare electronic payment vouchers for review and transmission.
- Maintain vendor communications.
- Research and resolve account reconciling items.
- Assist with month and year-end closing tasks.
- Update and maintain vendor database.
- Process new vendors and maintain W-9 and W8-BEN files to be compliant with 1099 reporting.
- Assist in 1099 process annually.
- Assist with contract administration, including contract intake, workflows, and database management.
- Assist management on projects and provide insightful analysis when needed.
- Provide support to other members of the Finance Department.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
- At least 3 years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Experience in a public, biotech or pharmaceutical company environment preferred, but not necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- General knowledge of Windows.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; Microsoft Great Plains or similar systems experience is a plus.
- Experience with Concur Invoice a plus.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience required; finance or accounting emphasis preferred.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #accountspayable #finance #accounting #concur