- Job Title
- Senior Accountant
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MI 48170
- Other Location
The senior accountant will perform moderate to complex account activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the organization’s financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws and reporting requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of all US monthly financial information.
- Support in the preparation of consolidated monthly and annual financial statements
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations that are medium / complex in difficulty
- Support the review of staff general ledger basic account reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries to support moderate to complex accounting transactions
- Review journal entries to support standard accounting transactions
- Support external and internal audits by ensuring requests/actions are responded to timely and accurately
- Review and understand assigned regional accounting results to ensure compliance with our global accounting standards
- Mentor and train staff accountants
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in accounting
- Preferred: Certified Public Accountant or Charter Accountant
- 3 - 5 years of related experience.
- Must be self-starter and quick learner with the ability to work effectively within a team setting.
- Flexibility in work schedule is necessary to accommodate periods of high volume workload.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, documentation and research capabilities (including technical research).
- Advanced skill level in Excel or Access along with financial reporting systems is highly preferred. Must show aptitude to learn new systems quickly.
- Excellent communication skills required – verbal and written.
- Flexibility in work schedule is necessary to accommodate periods of high volume workload especially during month-end and fiscal year closings.
- Some travel maybe required.
- Working with global teams may require working or meetings during non-standard business hours.