Business Line Architect
- Job Title
- Business Line Architect
- Job ID
- Remote/Flexwork, VA
- Other Location
Business Line Architect
Talent Orchard has been contracted by a top tier defense firm to assist them with finding qualified candidates for a Business Line Architect opportunity. This opportunity is a flex work schedule with opportunities to work remotely.The successful candidate will be a key member of a larger team that collectively supports the entire agency’s mission. The role requires learning and understanding both enterprise and business line needs and helping to define the IT strategic directions that will meet those needs for the business line. They will document and model the current state of this business line while cooperating with other EA team members in setting consistent practices, and will lead the definition of a consensus target state architecture and roadmap for their domain that will be jointly owned by both IT and business stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in supporting enterprise systems (both custom- developed solutions and commercial packages) and will be comfortable managing client relationships and expectations within a within a highly complex environment.
Flex-work - will be able to work remotely but must reside in one of these locations to be able to report in to the office for meetings:
- VA/DC area
- Fort Collins, CO area
- Kansas City, MO area
- Develops current state, target state, gap analysis and roadmap assets that represent the assigned business line and contribute to the overall enterprise architecture providing key views of current business, application, data and technical layers.
- Works with business and technical stakeholders to develop a clear view of both long range and near term needs, then practically applies this information in recommending and sequencing appropriate solutions.
- Architects and designs technical solutions and roadmaps needed to meet high-level business requirements.
- Leverages industry and organizational standards, patterns, frameworks, and best practices to develop architectures that enable fulfillment of business strategies
- As the owner of the business line architecture, orchestrates the implementation of proposed solutions that can be packaged as a series of implementation projects, leveraging the appropriate IT service and resource providers in the fulfillment of the architecture
- Establishes and fosters strong relationships with a broad audience of customers, service providers, vendor partners, technical peers and senior management
- Explains complex technical information to technical and non-technical contact
- Effectively builds relationships, promotes a collaborative team environment, and influences stakeholders
- Experience with enterprise architecture repository tools
- Experience with business transformation and processes
- Demonstrated familiarity with industry software development methodologies, standards and architectural frameworks
- Excellent initiative, innovative thinking skills, and the ability to analyze details and adopt a big-picture view
- Demonstrated experience using key analyst and design methods (including Domain-driven Design (DDD), Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD), Behavior Driven Design (BDD), Test Driven Design (TDD)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communications skills
- Ability to obtain a government NACI background investigation
- TOGAF 9 certification (desirable)
- Experience with architecture and solution modeling (highly desirable)
- Proficiency in MEGA or another Enterprise Architecture repository tool (highly desirable)
- Experience with Domain Driven Design and Behavior Driven Design (highly desirable)
- Experience with service-based distributed application architectures (highly desirable)
- Experience with emerging architecture and development practices (including User Experience Design, Single Page Applications, Microservices, Agile, DevSecOps, ReST) (highly desirable)
- Experience or certifications on cloud platforms and toolsets (highly desirable)
- Experience with COTS platforms and custom application development (desirable)
- Experience with automated CI/CD processes and tools.
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skill set, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #BusinessLineArchitect @DCjobs @fortcollinsjobs @kansascityjobs