HD Business Partner (Relocation to Elizabethtown, KY)
- Job Title
- HD Business Partner (Relocation to Elizabethtown, KY)
- Job ID
- Elizabethtown, KY 48336
- Other Location
The Human Development Business Partner (HDBP) is responsible for planning and coordination of talent management, compensation & benefits, performance management, employee & labor relations, training & development, organization development, staffing & recruiting, employment compliance, project management and HD information systems for the U.S. Region staff and plants.
Essential Functions and Key Accountabilities:
- Facilitates the US Region's talent management process, transitioning the process from once a year event to an ongoing and real-time system. Includes oversight for U.S. Region Staff and coordination with the 5 manufacturing plants.
- Facilitates talent management meetings and planning. Provides salaried personnel support and administration for the U.S. Region Staff and their respective Departments. Works with Department Heads providing advice, support and administration in all areas of organization and personnel planning. Compensation planning coordination and support for the U.S. Region. Includes merit and bonus planning, coordination and administration. Interfaces with Corporate Compensation & Benefits to ensure competitive programs and services are effectively planned and administered across the U.S. Region. Leads cross organization HD related projects as needed.
- Provides labor relations support in the areas of contract administration, contract interpretation, negotiations planning and support, grievance/arbitration process and administration, positive employee relations and labor board cases. Provides employee relations support in the areas of employee complaints, discipline and employment compliance cases. Works closely with legal and outside consultants in preparation of EEO, OFCCP and other employment compliance reports.
- Interfaces with Corporate Learning & Development, synchronizing learning and development needs from business plans and talent management process to meet the needs of the organization. Ensures competitive learning systems are effectively planned and administered across the U.S. Region. Interfaces with Corporate Talent Acquisition and the recruiting process to supplement the talent management process where there are gaps in succession planning, internal talent capability and bench strength needs.
- Regional HD Liaison, leading and providing support in the following areas: International expatriate assignments and repatriations; Relocation, Employee Relations support & investigations.
- At least 12 years of broad based HD Generalist assignments in both staff and plant level roles in a manufacturing-based organization, included talent management, labor relations, absence management, organization planning, staffing & recruiting and compensation experience.
- Prior HD experience working in a U.S. environment with both salaried and hourly employees in a manufacturing organization.
- Previous UAW experience in contract administration, grievance/arbitration proceedings, contract negotiations, discipline and contingency planning,
- Experience facilitating a comprehensive, real-time end-to-end talent management system, including succession planning, performance & potential assessments, and workforce planning.
- Prior work history at an Automotive OEM or a significant global Tier 1 supplier.
- Positive employee relations and counter-campaign experience.
- Previous regulatory compliance experience with the NLRB, EEOC and OFCCP.
- Prior experience managing international expatriate assignments & repatriation
- Prior HRIS (i.e. Peoplesoft, Oracle, Workday) user experience and knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Development, Business Administration or relevant field.
- Master’s degree in Human Development, Business Administration or relevant field.