Decidedly Different Consulting and Staffing for Your Business and Technology Needs
We see our consultants as partners
We only thrive when they thrive. That’s why we’re all about transparency.
A few perks our consultants enjoy are profit-sharing bonuses, fully disclosed bill rates, comprehensive benefits, and ongoing 360-degree feedback via Sense. We also offer referral bonuses and never resort to non-competes.
TEALS Regional Manager (Fargo, ND)
- Job Title
- TEALS Regional Manager (Fargo, ND)
- Fargo, ND
- Other Location
Concordis is seeking full-time Regional Managers to help build and scale Microsoft TEALS (www.tealsk12.org) – a visionary program that is expanding access to quality computer science courses in high schools across the U.S.
TEALS is an industry-wide, volunteer and community driven initiative supported by Microsoft Philanthropies. TEALS recruits, trains and supports high-tech industry volunteers with knowledge of and passion for computer science to teach Introductory and Advanced Placement Computer Science courses in high schools.
The TEALS program is growing rapidly, doubling the number of schools and students served each year. This upcoming year, TEALS will be in 31 states + DC at 525 schools reaching over 18,000 students, with 1500+ volunteers representing over 600 different companies. Our ultimate aim is to make computer science as ubiquitous as biology, chemistry, and physics at all American high schools.
TEALS is seeking candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for CS education in high schools to grow and scale the program in this region.
The regional manager is responsible for the region-specific management and implementation of TEALS, including, but not limited to:
Technical recruiting and relationship management
- Recruit TEALS volunteer teachers. Speak at companies and conferences.
- Build and maintain relationships with tech companies. Develop grassroots recruitment of engineering volunteers.
- Interview, place, and manage volunteers within the region.
School relationship management
- Recruit, vet, and onboard new schools.
- Maintain relationships with school district administrators, school building principals, counselors, schools, foundations, and in‐service teachers.
- Grow importance of CS education within the school community and your region.
Teacher training and mentoring
- Train and mentor volunteers working with education partners.
- Visit school sites and give feedback to volunteers.
- Lead local teacher cohort sessions.
- Support volunteers throughout the school year.
Program management and operations
- Execute program within regional plan and budget.
- Drive student excitement for CS education among students, schools and volunteers with events and incentives.
- Identify, create and maintain regional nonprofit relationships.
- A valid driver's license and vehicle or the ability to effectively use public transportation
- Hands on experience with a PC
The ideal candidate will have a background in CS with either a major or minor. The candidate should also have some classroom teaching experience, understanding of the school system, and the ability to navigate it.
The position will also require familiarity with the technology industry. Finally, the candidate should either have previous project management experience or demonstrate potential to manage and lead.
TEALS is part of Microsoft Philanthropies, but its mission is technology-neutral.