City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Charge Entry Specialist
- Job Title
- Charge Entry Specialist
- Job ID
- Warwick, RI
- Other Location
The role of the Charge Entry Specialist includes compiling charge and billing information.
Duties of the Charge Entry Specialist:
- This role will also assist with coding and enters charges into the practice management systems.
- Your duties will be to receive and review charge documents for accuracy and enters charges into practice management system, balance Charge Summary to tickets keyed before updating charges, works with A/R and payers on denials/rejections, extracts information from medical records, operative notes, hospital admissions, consults, progress notes and discharges, coordinates with front office staff on payment/billing issues, identifies quality issues with registration and scheduling activities and enters charges accurately and efficiently.
Requirements of the Charge Entry Specialist:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and medical coding
• Familiar with third party billing requirements and payment policies.
• Organization skills and ability to read the Explanation of Benefits/Remittance Advice
• One to two years of coding, billing and charge entry experience in the healthcare field is a must.
• Must be able to perform 10-Key speed of 45 WPM or higher
City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Required Skills