Enterprise Data Lake MapR Sr. Administrator - 100% Remote (Linux, MapR/Hadoop, & Unix/Shell or Python Scripting experience) - Contract
- Job Title
- Enterprise Data Lake MapR Sr. Administrator - 100% Remote (Linux, MapR/Hadoop, & Unix/Shell or Python Scripting experience) - Contract
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75025
- Other Location
Title: Enterprise Data Lake MapR Senior Administrator (Linux, MapR/Hadoop, & Unix/Shell or Python Scripting experience)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
This is a new technology opportunity at working with the latest Enterprise Data Lake MapR Converged Data Platform! MapR enables direct processing of files, tables, and event streams offering a streamlined architecture that enables real-time insights, a consistent security framework across compute engines, higher resource utilization, and reduced administrative overhead.
If you are a MapR or experienced Hadoop engineer with a strong technical aptitude and extensive experience with Linux administration supporting an Enterprise Data Lake environment you could be a part of this new opportunity!
About the team:
This position is part of the Tech Services Data Services team and will be collaborating with the Enterprise architecture and project teams deploying and supporting the latest MapR converged data platform technologies within multiple data centers and Azure cloud platforms. The team consist of 6 employees, all dispersed across multiple offices and regions supporting this new technology in a non-Microsoft environment.
This position can be worked from any US Office Location and/or be 100% REMOTE.
- A minimum 5 years of Linux (CentOS / RedHat) administration.
- A minimum 18 months of administration experience with MapR or equivalent Hadoop ecosystem including High Availability, Real-time Streaming, Multi-tenancy and Data Integration.
- Must have scripting and/or programming background with either Unix, Shell or Python.
- Experience with HBase, Event Streaming, and Spark for deployment and data integrations.
- Knowledge of security, encryption and masking using various technologies including Kerberos, MapR-tickets, Vormetric and LUKS.
- Knowledge of virtual networking design and functionality including VLAN, firewalls, Kerberos, LDAP etc.
- Experience in working in large environments such as RDBMS, EDW, NoSQL, etc.
- Experience designing data structures in MapR.
- Knowledge of Azure Analytics platform.
- Maintains several database environments; applies updates, maintenance packs, patches, & fixes for all environments.
- Prepares scripts to automate administration tasks.
- Performs advanced database administration activities including; installation, configuration, monitoring, space management, database backup and recovery, and may design disaster recovery procedures.
- Prepares implementation plans for application upgrades and may coordinate rollout.
- Prototype MapR solutions for specific use cases.
- Operationalize Enterprise Data Lake MapR environment by developing standards based on best practices.
- Research and development of automation for administration tasks involving local and cloud base MapR topology.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Contribute to the evolving systems architecture to meet changing requirements for scaling, reliability, performance, manageability and cost.
- Work with internal teams to understand business requirements and provide support through monitoring and troubleshooting of incidents to maintain service levels.
- Mentors new DBA staff and provides training.