SAP BASIS Administrator Lead/Manager
- Job Title
- SAP BASIS Administrator Lead/Manager
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
SAP BASIS Administrator Lead/Manager
The SAP Basis Administrator Lead/Manager is responsible for the planning, management and execution of the basis team's responsibilities supporting the clients ECC, BW and Solution Manager SAP systems. This role requires both management of SAP basis team resources and hands on application project and run & maintain support.
- System Configuration: Understanding the system requirements and architecting solutions.
- Perform patch, add-on and SAP Note deployment Database, kernel and platform upgrades Monitoring & Support.
- Support Month End, On-calls should be able to support weekend support and long hours.
- Thorough knowledge of professional frameworks governing IT audits.
- Liaise effectively with the internal and external audit team to ensure that changes in scope is agreed and that quality review work is performed at appropriate times in the audit.
- Carry out debriefs with department managers to communicate the results of the internal audit reviews, and ensuring that the scale and scope of the deliverables resulting from audit recommendations are adequately understood.
- Evaluating, monitoring and performing of corrective actions taken to address control weaknesses identified.
- Review system administration standards of application portfolio on a continuous basis.
- Establish metrics for performance reporting.
- Track performance and ensure viability of service levels.
- Oversee the planning and forecasting of service consumption, quality of service and business partner satisfaction.
- Proactive system monitoring Memory, Buffer management & tuning at SAP level.
- Ensure up to date DR testing is done on mission critical systems where applicable.
- Perform system copies Provide technical guidance for team members.
- Monitor System Backups Monitor Source and Target System interfaces.
- Perform Archiving Manage SAP GUI and Business Explorer desktop packaging and rollout Troubleshooting.
- Analyze issues (defects and enhancements) and provide estimates of time to perform a change from system perspective.
- Performance Tuning Interaction with Infrastructure teams for prompt actions on business, development & IT support team issues.
- Document system defects and impact analysis.
- Project & System Enhancements: Act as an interface between SAP BASIS teams and other special project teams.
- Interface with the company Management and Functional SMEs to analyze functional requirements and implementation plans.
- Ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Coordinate SAP BASIS teams, projects, and plans to ensure priorities are addressed appropriately.
- Provide input as needed on the system impact of enhancements and assist in the development of cost estimates for work requests.
- Provide review on fine tuning, sizing related issues & needs.
- Develop and refine technical designs and specifications that meet requirements and are integrated across process areas and technology solutions.
- Review technical designs and lead technical projects.
- Ensure that application and configurations are transitioned into pre-production and production following established processes.
- Advise on future application/platform upgrades.
- Represent System Changes in Change Approval Board Resource Management: Ensure the various geographically dispersed SAP BASIS teams communicate effectively, as well as cooperate and support SAP systems.
- Minimum 7 years of SAP BASIS support experience in a large-sized SAP environment.
- Experience in SAP production support on HP-UX and Oracle is a must.
- Hands on experience in ECC & BW is mandatory.
- Hands on experience in Solution Manager -- Charm, CTS+, Service desk, Service Reporting, CCMS and E2E performance monitoring.
- Unix Scripting Ability to analyze performance issues with SAP ABAP code (such as analyzing long-running SQL or reports in SAP).
- Good communication and documentation skills and availability to work with large team.
- Ability to lead the project efforts and plan tasks independently.
- Ability to interact with and manage remote resources working in opposite time zones.
- Sound, up to date knowledge of Compliance standards / best practices and how to apply these within the Banking Industry.
- Experience performing OSDB migration a plus. Experience managing environments within AWS a plus.