Senior VMware Systems Engineer/Administrator - TS/SCI Clearance
- Job Title
- Senior VMware Systems Engineer/Administrator - TS/SCI Clearance
- Job ID
- Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
- Other Location
Senior VMware Systems Engineer/Administrator
Fort Belvoir, VA
TS/SCI Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we are seeking a Senior VMWare Systems Engineer/Administrator to work in an exciting and dynamic team-oriented environment that combines technical systems engineering talent with business and security needs to deliver high-quality client IT solutions.
The ideal candidate will perform engineering and system administration functions in support of a DoD Customer’s mission systems related to IT Engineering and Operations as a VMware engineering/administrator with specific proficiency in VMware Horizon View.
- Reporting on the health of the Agency’s virtual farm daily across three classifications and production environments.
- Upgrade firmware on host hardware as well as deploy patches to the virtual farm.
- Maintain STIG compliance of virtual farm and guest OS's.
- Must be comfortable working in a high-paced mission support environment.
- Exposed to cutting-edge technology and will be expected to work with implementing engineers when new technologies are deployed to ensure a smooth transition for the customer.
- Provide Tier II and Tier III support to the Agency users
- Must be a U.S. citizen with Active TS/SCI security clearance to start
- Certifications required to start:
- VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- 15+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience to setup, configure, deploy, and manage VMware-based systems for high-availability and efficiency, including vCenter, vSphere, and ESXi v6.x, and Horizon View VDI
- Ability to leverage virtualization capabilities to further automate systems management, analysis, and performance monitoring
- Demonstrated experience in installing and configuring ESXi 6
- Demonstrated experience tuning hosts and utilizing management consoles to run the virtual farm
- Experience with management of storage, storage provisioning and storage configuration including management of the fiber connections
- Experience with replication and cloning in a VMware environment
- Understands Windows Server 2016 and Active Directory
- Knowledge of running production operations hands off and hassle free with VMware vRealize Operations (vROps)
- Experience setting up environments to mimic production environments via replication or cloning
- Experience installing configuring, hardening (DISA STIG), and troubleshooting virtual servers
- Experience implementing and supporting various Linux and Windows services
- Demonstrated experience in attaching and provisioning storage to for the virtual hosts
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @novajobs #cjpost #systemsengineer #vmwareengineer #vmwareadmin @topsecretjobs @fortbelvoirjobs @tsscijobs #horizonview #ESXi #VCP6-DCV