Regional Director of Community Initiatives
- Job Title
- Regional Director of Community Initiatives
- Job ID
- Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
- Other Location
HealthlinkNY is a Qualified Entity, funded by the New York State Department of Health, which operates population health improvement programs, supports healthcare delivery reform, and fosters collaboration between healthcare providers across the state.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Regional Director of Community Initiatives to join our growing team in Hopewell Junction, NY, and serve as the face of HealthlinkNY in the Hudson Valley region for all community engagement work. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for providing leadership and oversight of the HealthlinkNY Community Network, supervising staff on program execution, and coordinating overall program evaluation to ensure sustainability.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dedicated team of employees, funders, and community stakeholders, and make a direct positive impact on the health of the region.
Who you are: You’re poised, professional, and well-spoken. A strong and confident leader, collaborator, and negotiator, with superior organization and program management skills. You’re a creative problem-solver and take a proactive approach to initiating change and leading teams.
Pay and Perks: You will earn a salary of $65,000-$80,000, based on experience. In addition to a meaningful and rewarding mission, we offer an extensive benefits package, including health, dental, and eye insurance, 401K match, paid time off, and more!
What you’ll do as the Regional Director of Community Initiatives:
- Administrate day to day functions of the Hudson Valley Population Health Improvement Program (PHIP) and the Linking Intervention for Total Population Health (LIFT) to include oversight of staff, subcontractors, and budget
- Serve as first point of contact with the NYS Department of Health for Hudson Valley PHIP and LIFT -related contract and program activities
- Provide oversight of PHIP steering committee activities, including member recruitment and interfacing, meeting agenda development, and general steering committee communication
- Oversee the execution and evaluation of the Hudson Valley PHIP and LIFT work plans with staff, partners and subcontractors and ensure that deliverables are met effectively and on time
- Prepare grant and budget reports for submission to the NYS Department of Health
- Maintain subcontractor relationships and contracts
- Maintain knowledge of developments and trends in the field of population health and substance use prevention, treatment, and recovery
- Coordinate marketing and media efforts to increase awareness of projects and activities
- Develop strategies and processes to ensure all relevant community partners and stakeholders are appropriately recognized for their efforts
- Develop new grants, fee for service offerings, and other funding proposals
- Participate in organizational business and strategic planning as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned
What’s required of you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Health Planning, Healthcare Administration, or related field; Master’s degree preferred (Clinical degrees will also be considered)
- 5-10 years of experience in health planning, health policy, health care administration or community agencies dealing with health and/or related services
- At least 5 years of experience in health program management involving multidisciplinary team management
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point)
- Must have a genuine desire to help improve the health and well-being of your community
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required
Apply NOW for immediate consideration!
In the performance of the State contract, all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class.