Community Health Coordinator
- Job Title
- Community Health Coordinator
- Job ID
- Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
- Other Location
HealthlinkNY is a Qualified Entity, funded by the New York State Department of Health, which operates population health improvement programs, supports healthcare delivery reform, and fosters collaboration between healthcare providers across the state. We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven Community Health Coordinator for our Hopewell Junction, NY office, to assist in developing and implementing a regional plan to address health disparities and advance the goals of the New York State Prevention Agenda. This includes working collaboratively with regional stakeholders and county health departments to promote health equity and evidence-based intervention initiatives.
Who you are: You’re a people-person – you enjoy forming new relationships and find it easy to elicit cooperation from others. You’re a confident and effective communicator and negotiator. You have a genuine interest in public health concerns and are dedicated to helping improve the health and well-being of members in your community.
Pay and Perks! You will earn $38,000 - $43,000 per year, based on experience. In addition to a meaningful and rewarding mission, we offer an extensive benefits package, including health, dental, and eye insurance, 401K match, paid time off, and more!
What you’ll do as the Community Health Coordinator:
- Utilize local assessments on health disparities, social determinants of health, and other relevant local data, reports, and available information to inform and address health disparities in the Mid-Hudson PHIP region
- Support the implementation of the Mid-Hudson PHIP work plan and work collaboratively with regional stakeholders to advance and promote health equity and NYS Prevention Agenda goals
- Participate in HealthlinkNY and NYS Department of Health meetings, work groups, and forums
- Represent Mid-Hudson PHIP and HealthlinkNY at community meetings, regional events, work groups, task forces, etc.
- Develop and coordinate stakeholder engagement activities
- Assist with the implementation of Blueprint for Health Equity events to include collection of testimonials, photos, and video footage at the events
- Assist with the evaluation of PHIP activities and provide program reports
- Maintain knowledge of developments and trends in the field of population health, specifically social determinants of health and health disparities
- Review data and create monthly data highlight reports to post on the project website
- Additional duties as assigned
What’s required of the Community Health Coordinator:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Health Planning, Social Work, or related field, AND/OR 3-5 years of job experience in health planning, health policy, community development, program development, or program evaluation
- Must have a genuine desire to help improve the health and well-being of your community
- Working knowledge of social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to prepare and present effective and compelling visual presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage team dynamics
- Effective problem-solving and time management skills
Apply NOW for immediate consideration!
In the performance of the State contract, all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class.