Jewelry Designer & Product Manager
- Job Title
- Jewelry Designer & Product Manager
- Job ID
- Columbus, MT 59019
- Other Location
Manager of New Product Design & Management for Jewelry Division
Fashion Manufacturing & Retail
An incredible opportunity to lead the reinvention of an iconic jewelry brand, a segment leader who manufactures its products in the United States and retails under a segment-leading brand name.
If you believe you have the inspiration, creativity and drive to build on success, broaden the appeal and develop a contemporary spin on classic fashion jewelry, all while living in one of the most beautiful places on Earth, then you need to speak to us.
Talent Orchard LLC, a boutique talent acquisition consulting firm, has been retained under contract by the leading provider of fashion jewelry, made in the USA, to identify the very best person to both inspire and lead the modernization of their jewelry line and manage the entire development lifecycle, including manufacturing. Our client’s location will allow you to draw inspiration from your surroundings, revel in the amazing outdoor recreation opportunities, while still being close to the fashion-forward customers found in affluent smaller Western cities and ski resorts.
If you have ever wanted to put your unique stamp on an entire jewelry line and constantly innovate through new product development each season; if you want to manage and inspire a team of in-house and contracted designers to produce a superior product, this is the opportunity for you!
Our client has an established track record of success and market leadership in designing and manufacturing jewelry and accessories. They are looking for a creative leader to drive the full lifecycle of new design and development with an eye for modernizing and broadening the appeal of the brand. In short, they need the creative force that takes the company forward into the next generation of segment leadership.
Set in a stunning location, our client offers an incredible balance of creative freedom, local craftsmanship, and manufacturing, as well as an amazing quality of life. The search has been authorized as national because they want the very best, and as such relocation assistance will be provided if needed.
As the Manager of New Product Design & Management you will;
- Partner with Marketing, and leverage data-analysis, market research, internal and external designers and in-house manufacturing to constantly create new and exciting jewelry products.
- Take inspiration from the natural surroundings, while creating jewelry that is instantly recognizable, contemporary, and brings a whole new audience to the brand.
- Be an agent of positive change for the brand and through collaboration with the senior leadership of the company.
- Take advantage of a collaborative and dynamic team in place, where creativity is king to produce new innovative products every season through an agile approach to design.
- Lead a design team to produce effective designs to high specification consistently and rapidly.
- Be completely versed in the competitive landscape with respect to jewelry trends and be able to leverage trends and influence them on a wider scale.
- Take the best in jewelry design from any genre and incorporate it into the brand strategy.
- Listen to clients, Sales management, and industry leaders to ensure the brand retains its segment leadership role and broadens its appeal to a younger and more diverse demographic.
- Be willing to travel as needed for trade events, to meet with clients, customers, designers and market influencers.
- Be passionate about developing best in class products in the market consistently and joining a company poised for exponential growth through innovation and quality.
Education & Work Experience:
- BA/BS in Design or Arts or equivalent industry experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in design and product management within fashion jewelry or associated accessories.
- Be able to display a portfolio that demonstrates a track record of creative inspiration and marketable products.
- Prior experience utilizing CAD as a design tool, strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated track record managing the creative process from design to build and market positioning.
- A strong grasp of the trends within the fashion jewelry industry, including branded products and market segmentation.
- An ability to work with management, marketing, retailers and manufacturers in a collaborative manner in order to produce exceptional product that is highly profitable and desired by an ever growing customer base.
- A track record of ideas and innovation that has led to proven brand strength and financial success in previous companies.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.