The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
- Job Title
- Paraprofessional-FT 18/19
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
Futures Education is seeking a FT Licensed Paraprofessional
- Valid NCLB Paraprofessional license from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) - REQUIRED.
- Associate Degree or higher (must have at least 60 semester hours of college credit or university).
- Closely monitor student behavior as indicated on the student’s IEP and Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP).
- Aid scholar with feeding, transcribing, and other activities that require dexterity.
- Provide individualized instruction, under the direction of the Special Education teacher, to assess and identify student’s needs on a one-to-one basis.
- Set and attain ambitious student achievement and social-emotional benchmarks.
- Provide ongoing support for classroom teacher prompting, redirection and modeling in helping the student access the activities of school curriculum.
- Model and encourage appropriate student behavior (i.e. grit, self-control, social intelligence, optimism and curiosity).
- Assist with collection of behavioral and academic data as directed by teacher or school team.
- Collaborate with other paraprofessionals to facilitate positive interactions for the student with all staff who are responsible for the student’s education.
- Work with grade-level chair and school team to constantly evaluate and improve mastery of instructional, culture building, and leadership skills.
- Participate mandatory professional development and CPI training.
- Other duties as assigned.
If interested, or any questions relating to this opportunity please reach out to Chris McDaniels at 413.349.4077 or email email@example.com
- Required Skills
PEL as a Paraprofessional through BOE in Chicago
1-5 years of paraprofessional experience,
Experience w Health needs, in an urban setting
Associate Degree or higher (must have at least 60 semester hours of college credit or university).