City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Medical Billing & AR Specialist
- Job Title
- Medical Billing & AR Specialist
- Job ID
- Providence, RI, RI
- Other Location
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Medical Biller and Accounts Receivable Specialist who will be responsible for submitting medical claims to insurance companies. This is with a very well-known and reputable large Rhode Island medical organization. Position offers excellent salary and benefits.
- Obtain referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures
- Check eligibility and benefit verification
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information
- Prior experience with charge entry, payment posting, AR, and insurance follow-up required
- Prepare, review, and transmit claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing
- Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle time frame
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Answer all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Medical Biller
- Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments
- Ability to communicate with patients and family members of diverse ages and backgrounds
Please send resume to apply.
City Personnel does business with your best interests at heart. We search tirelessly for the best candidates in the marketplace, while providing innovative solutions, consistence and value to our clients. Our candidates can rest assure that we work tirelessly to facilitate the best possible career match, while offering solid job search advice throughout the process. City Personnel is driven to do what is best for you, not what is easiest for us.
City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, if you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of a disability, this is available upon request.
- Required Skills
- Pay Range
- $18.00 Hourly to $22.00 Hourly