Sr. AWS Cloud Security Architect
- Job Title
- Sr. AWS Cloud Security Architect
- Job ID
San Diego based global enterprise is looking for a visionary leader to head the AWS Security Architecture, bringing a combination of AWS security expertise, the ability to build out global security standards and the hands on technical skills to lead validation in an enterprise environment. This individual will serve as the enterprise-wide AWS Security expert and will be charged with building the team as we move forward with our extensive growth over the coming months. You have the support of executive leadership and the strength of the global team, all backing an organization that knows the true importance of enterprise security.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of serving as an AWS focused Cloud Security subject matter expert and will work in conjunction with Enterprise Architects to provide secure environments for both the internal enterprise and customer deployments. The right person will:
- Focus on enabling secure cloud deployments including identity & access management implementation, third-party software integration, incident management capabilities, system hardening requirements, and security requirements development for application development teams.
- Have excellent customer facing skills to be able to discuss security concerns raised by client security professionals and executives.
In addition to a solid track record of AWS Security Architecture expertise, the right candidate will have several of the following skill and attributes:
- Work closely with our consulting practice to develop/enhance and document information security policies, procedures and standards required to design cloud based solutions
- Establish and enforce Cloud Security best practices in the architectures for our large, global customers
- Be a trusted consultant to the customer's decision makers and industry analysts by establishing credibility and expertise in public cloud security offerings
- Educate customers and fellow Consultants on secure solution design and privacy / data security practices
- Ensure adherence to standard regulatory and compliance requirements by overseeing regular 3rd party security audits and penetration testing
- Understand client’s data security needs and applicable standard compliance requirements, and help design solutions fulfilling those requirements
- Learn and evolve continuously with the fast changing cloud marketplace
- Comfortable with travel (~30%)
- 7+ years of demonstrated information security, risk management & compliance experience
- 2+ years Cloud Security Architect experience with AWS, Azure, or other public cloud
- Industry certifications such as CISSP or CCSP preferred
- Experience in operating and deploying software defined and virtualized networks.
- Experience supporting multi-cloud identify access management solutions
- Demonstrated experience with creating automated workflows and experienced working with DevOps and Software Development teams.
- Skilled at interpreting compliance and security standards into implementable and repeatable controls
- Experience with JSON, Python, XML highly preferred.
- Understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements (i.e., FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, NIST, HIPAA)
- Demonstrated capability to design secure systems on public / hybrid cloud as well as secure solutions for data in transit
- Client interfacing, relationship building, and consulting skills required
The Sr. AWS Cloud Security Architect will be located in the San Diego headquarters where he or she can best influence the Executive Leadership team with respect to Cloud Security Leaderhsip. The role requires the ability to travel domestically and internationally (approx 30%)
Our client knows that their business runs through the power of the people it values. They offer a strong benefit package as well as leadership incentives and relocation assistance.
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)