Manager of Information Security Operations
- Job Title
- Manager of Information Security Operations
- Job ID
San Diego based global enterprise is looking for a visionary Manager of Information Security Operations to leverage his or her broad technical knowledge of security threat analysis and leadership within the security operations space. This is a growing team and the opportunities for personal and professional grown are boundless. We are not looking for just a technician, we need innovative ideas and leadership of investigations to build the orchestration technology and procedures to provide automation of incident analysis in real time.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of running a security operations center and experience leading a wide range of individuals including internal team members, managed services vendors and off-shore resources in a global environment. This is a critical role where flexibility, broad knowledge of security processes and strong communication and collaboration are key to both personal success and the overall success of the organization.
In addition to a solid track record of SOC leadership, the right candidate will have several of the following skill and attributes:
- Experience leading a team of 24x7 security operations center (SOC) monitoring
- Prior responsibility for global corporate-wide security event monitoring
- Knowledge of the establishment and maintenance of security event logging and correlation architecture
- The ability to develop SIEM technology requirements and drive successful implementation
- Develop enabling anomaly detection technology requirements and drive successful implementation
- Guide processes to integrate multiple sources of threat data including system and network logs, threat feeds and behavioral changes
- Implement capabilities for analysis of correlated information sources
- Use the integrated information to detect and respond to system attacks
- Manage the resources in the SOC with regards to detection, response, mitigation, and reporting of cyber threats
- Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities, response, and mitigation strategies used in security operations
- Create and maintain key operational metrics, dashboards for SOC operations and presentation for senior management
- BS degree in related field preferred. Equivalent experience/certification acceptable.
- 3+ years of demonstrated leadership in information security and security operations
- 7+ years hand-on experience in information security, security operations, threat monitoring
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CEH, PMP, GCIH, GSEC
- Experience managing outsourced security operations
- Proven track record of security leadership in investigations and identity management
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Effective communication skills to translate technical risks and exposures to a business perspective - formal reports and/or presentations
The Manager of Information Security Operations will be located in the San Diego headquarters where he or she can best influence the Executive Leadership team with respect to Global Security Operations. The role requires the ability to travel internationally and the ability to work within a 24x7 options environment.
Our client knows that their business runs through the power of the people it values. They offer a strong benefit package as well as leadership incentives and relocation assistance.
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)