- Job Title
- Systems Administrator
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48106
- Other Location
Associate Systems Administrator
Summary: The Release Admin will be responsible for supporting our deployment pipelines and ensuring successful delivery of working code to production environments. Your primary responsibility will be assisting with releases and driving automation around build and release processes. You will work closely with the Development, Quality Assurance and Infrastructure teams to identify, prioritize, and resolve issues quickly. Also, as an offshoot of the Site Reliability Team you will also have the opportunity to assist on initiatives they are working on.
(70%) Release / Deployment Support
- Subject matter expert on all systems related to deployments, including Jenkins and the Atlassian tools stack (Stash / JIRA / Confluence / HipChat).
- Improve and support the release and deployment pipelines.
- Support development from initial infrastructure provisioning and first deploy to troubleshooting production issues with network and infrastructure.
- Assist with any new DevOps initiatives to integrate them into our release processes.
- Support releases on a regularly scheduled basis, as well as emergency releases as needed
(30%) Site Reliability Support
- Front-line support for environmental issues and developer “walk ups”.
- Provide production support as part of a team rotation, resolving or escalating issues as appropriate.
- Ensure all deployed services are monitored and supportable by the SRE and other teams.
- Maintain production services to highly demanding SLA’s.
- Improve automation around server provisioning and environment creation.
- Manage the toolset used for configuration management and patching. These tools include Red Hat Satellite and Puppet.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years production application support experience in a high uptime environment
- Linux/Unix system administration
- Proficient with command line scripting
- Proficient with at least one scripting language, preferably Python
- Experience with source repository tools like SVN or GIT
- Excellent debugging, problem solving and process implementation skills
- Strong troubleshooting and support skills
- Project and time management skills
- Good communication skills and documentation skills
- Desire to learn new applications
- Knowledge of Agile, continuous integration practices strongly preferred