- Job Title
- Strategic Communicator
- Job ID
- Alexandria, VA
- Other Location
Clearance Required: Favorable background check
The Defense Suicide Prevention Office (DSPO) is the focal point for all suicide prevention strategic development, implementation, centralization, standardization, communication and evaluation of Department of Defense (DoD) suicide programs, policies and surveillance activities. Its responsibilities include increasing awareness among members of the Armed Forces about suicide related risk and protective factors and decreasing stigma associated with seeking help for mental health care. DSPO requires support to carry out the recommendations from the DoD Task Force on the Prevention of Suicide by Members of the Armed Forces Report in 2010. The responsibilities directed by the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness under Department of Defense Directive 6914.14, Defense Suicide Prevention Program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensures/edits that correspondence complies with directives, procedures and policies and makes change recommendations.
- Support all policy related activities to include integration and documentation efforts, and all lines of effort that includes both internal stakeholders and external stakeholders.
- Provide consistent, effective application of knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to support Policy activities and act as a Policy advisor.
- Assist in the management and coordination and execution of DSPO information papers, and deliverables and ensure compliance with all Human Subject Research requirements, as necessary, in terms of policy subject matter.
- Assist in the monitoring and updating of policy, conducting continual analysis and providing advice on applicable laws, regulations and decisions related to suicide prevention.
- Leverage industry expertise, in order to provide reach back support and subject matter expertise to support policy development.
- Contribute to the development, integration and coordination of annual reports that require DSPO’s contributions.
- Support meetings, policy discussions, policy recommendations and responses to congressional, White House or other agency requests/inquiries.
- Provide other strategic/policy support expertise as required to augment the DSPO mission.
- Manage day-to-day coordination and administration of tasks by ensuring quality and productivity standards are maintained while meeting internal and external stakeholder schedules.
- Coordinate tasks by prioritizing, organizing, reviewing, tracking, and providing reminders of due dates for assigned tasks.
- Support the management of tasks to include assignment notifications, preparation of work products, and the facilitation of SMEs and management reviews.
- Manage stakeholder correspondence requirements. Compose, review, edit, consolidate, and track the delivery of correspondence materials.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of policy related experience required.
- High attention to detail.
- Understanding of policy related principles and strategic communication.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities.
- Able to manage multiple project teams simultaneously.
- Committed to client satisfaction.
- Highly organized and prepared to contribute to team organization.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently.
- An effective and reliable communicator.
- Able to effectively translate complex content for non-technical audiences.
- Comfortable with taking direction and able to take the initiative as needed.
- Able to reliably set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet project deadlines.
- Normal office environment
- No travel outside of National Capital Region
Azimuth Corporation, founded in 2001, is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), dedicated to serving our customers as a trusted partner. As a small business, we remain flexible and affordable. We listen and respond to the needs of our customer. The solutions we develop are a direct result of our strong partnerships. We provide exceptional leadership in program and administrative management, bringing expertise within national security, research and development, installation management and industrial base analysis mission areas.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Azimuth Corporation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Required Skills
Bachelor's degree preferred; 3-5 years of policy related experience required