- Job Title
- Network Architect
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Network Architect
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Network Architect will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and support solutions for Domestic and International business units, partners and customers
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Will work with Infrastructure leadership, other IS teams and business units to design, engineer, recommend, plan technical projects to meet network reliability, tactical, performance, or controls needs.
- Researches, evaluates, and directs the acquisition, installation, and testing of network hardware for voice, data and video, storage, storage networking, virtualization, compute, backups, synchronization, high-availability and disaster recovery.
- Work with Infrastructure leadership to develop a network technology version and road map for the corporation.
- Acts as a project entry-point for initiatives focused on security, e-commerce, web hosting and internal application hosting.
- Advises business managers and customers of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations.
- Analyzes business needs; gather requirements, designs, installs, troubleshoots, and supports technical solutions in a world-class infrastructure.
- Develops and documents models, plans, diagrams, illustrations, and procedures in support of engineering activities and network related business initiatives.
- Participates in regular meetings and conference calls with customers and IT staff to help qualify opportunities and technical solutions.
- Performs site surveys, systems evaluations, system analysis and assessments of technology and hardware.
- Creates capital expenditure (CAPEX) requests and tracks the progress of hardware & software orders.
- Meets regularly with engineers from other silos to ensure network builds and configurations meet uptime requirements, security standards, and continue to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensures new technologies are reviewed and implemented, standards and security requirements are met, and interoperability needs are addressed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Networking, related field or equivalent industry experience.
- 10+ years IT industry experience. Experience network engineering and operation with an enterprise organization preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience leading project teams and/or mentoring junior engineer.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of networking technologies, design principles, and the practical application of routers, switches, virtualization, storage, storage networking virtualization/zoning, and load-balancers.
- Experience gathering business requirements, designing technical solutions, and presenting proposed solutions to customers.
- Experience working with software defined network such as VMware VNX and Cisco ACI
- Knowledge of network security solutions such as firewalls, VPNs, Intrusion detection/prevention, and web application firewalls.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in several of the following (certification a plus):
- Cisco Routing/Switching
- Checkpoint Firewalls (or equivalent)
- F5 LTM/GTM
- Cisco UCS & Nexus
- BlueCoat Proxy (or equivalent)
- Strong documentation skills and experience generating technical documents, diagrams, solutions specifications, guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- UNIX or Powershell scripting skills are a plus
- Excellent communications and customer service skills with proven ability to communicate professionally in a corporate environment.
- Experience in standardizing and automating system builds, component installation, and system configuration.
- Experience with software and hardware troubleshooting and system monitoring.
- Ability to travel 5%.
- Ability to cover 24x7 remote (on-call) technical support as needed.
- Ability to work monthly Maintenance Windows.