IT Cloud Engineer
- Job Title
- IT Cloud Engineer
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20011
- Other Location
- Provide wide range direct support of the project team and DHS client to analyze project needs, design, build, configure, test, install software and patches, manage and support all aspects and components of the application development, test and production environments for the ISDEP platform in an AWS Cloud environment.
- Analyze the business, technical, functional, performance and infrastructure requirements needed to access and process large amounts of project data.
- Work in an Agile development and operations environment and provide performance estimates to meet the User Story and development design requirements, and will be instrumental in designing and documenting the project infrastructure roadmap.
- Develop and produce AWS Architecture drawings using a tool such as Visio or LucidChart using AWS standard architecture notations.
- Ensure that all data and ISDEP processes are properly documented, and support the creation, presentation, review and approval of all ISDEP related deliverables as required by the DHS SDLC.
- Establish the infrastructure and processes needed for a new project in the AWS Cloud environment, and full life cycle project support to include planning, designing, building and supporting multiple application development and test environments.
- Ensure the proper documentation and execution of infrastructure procedures, testing and recording results, documenting and debugging test anomalies, issues and defects, and subsequent re-testing and verification through to production migration and verification, and finally, ongoing operations and maintenance.
- Work in a small team of admin, dba and configuration management staff in a fast-paced and dynamic DevOps environment.
- Identify and mitigate risks leveraging DHS Security procedures, and a sufficiently technical background to help solve complex problems, or in support of complex information systems development/support efforts.
- Provide in-depth domain expertise and promote AWS Cloud best practices to project technical staff and/or DHS client management and staff, and will collaborate with DHS client technical infrastructure staff to ensure the project environments meet DHS infrastructure and SDLC requirements.
- Engineer, implement, and manage migration of data sets and applications to multi-domain Information Technology Cloud environments.
- Execute multiple, complex and interrelated cloud focused projects in accordance with approved migration plans.
- Prepare designs, architectures, and transition plans for individual applications and data sets approved by client to migrate to Cloud services.
- Function as a design team member to engineer, Implement, and manage DevSecOps Cloud environments using a combination of AWS tools and services developed using Agile methodologies.
- Support the development of cross functional or large-scale automated information systems to include enterprise architectures.
- Design system architectures to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements and provides for present and future cross functional requirements and interfaces.
- Provide comprehensive definition of all aspects of system development from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance.
- Perform evaluation of system alternatives and assessment of risks and costs.
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI Eligibility
- BS Degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a MS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive experience, or a PhD degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and two (2) to five (5) years of progressive experience.
- Experience provisioning, and migrating data and applications to AWS environments
- Familiarity with Federal Government IT processes, regulations, and current IT cloud initiatives
- Obtain AWS Certification for AWS Certified Solutions Architect within 180 days of offer start.
- Preferred Qualifications (Nice to have but not required):
- Expertise in current Intelligence Community (IC) Cloud environments
Experience operating in and managing cloud DevOps environments.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
• Active Top Secret clearance with SCI Eligibility
• BS Degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a MS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive experience, or a PhD degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and two (2) to five (5) years of progressive experience.
• Experience provisioning, and migrating data and applications to AWS environments
• Familiarity with Federal Government IT processes, regulations, and current IT cloud initiatives
• Obtain AWS Certification for AWS Certified Solutions Architect within 180 days of offer start