Welcome to the Employment Page for New York Drilling Services, Richers Electric, and New York Crushing & Recycling!
Below you will find our currently open positions, grouped by company. Click on the name of the company to view and apply for the opportunities available. If you do not see a position that matches your qualifications, click “Create Profile” in the menu bar to submit your information for general consideration.
- Job Title
- Job ID
- Saugerties, NY 12477
- Other Location
New York Drilling Services, Inc., based in Saugerties, NY, specializes in caisson and foundation drilling for the utility and power transmission industry. We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Mechanic to join our talented and growing team. As the Mechanic, you will be responsible for assembling, diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining heavy-duty equipment and vehicles, and ensuring functionality and reliability of machines, engines, and mechanical systems.
This is a full-time, year-round position and an exciting opportunity to join a stable, profitable and growing company, which offers high potential for success and growth.
Pay & Benefits: You will earn a competitive salary, plus regular overtime, and pay increases based on reviews and performance. New York Drilling Services also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid-time-off, employer contributed healthcare options, 401K, and more!
What you’ll do as the Mechanic:
- Perform thorough maintenance on light, medium, and heavy-duty vehicles and equipment
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspect and run diagnostic tests on machines, engines, transmissions etc. to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Complete daily reports for work performed
- Organize, track, and order parts and materials
- Travel to job sites for remote repairs as necessary (some overnight stays may be required)
- Perform job duties safely and in accordance with company policies
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
What’s required of you:
- At least 3 years of proven experience as a Mechanic, including diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining heavy-duty machinery, vehicles, and mechanical systems
- Proficiency in hydraulic testing and repair
- Proficiency in vehicle computer diagnostics
- Must be physically able to crawl under/ climb on vehicles and equipment to make repairs
- Must be comfortable operating in high pressure situations while continually progressing
What will set you apart:
- ASE Certification
- CDL Class A or B
- NYS Inspection License
New York Drilling Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.