- Job Title
- Plant Manager
- Job ID
We are working with a strong growing dairy manufacturer in upstate New York that is looking for a Plant Manager. This role will report to the Vice President & General Manager. Responsibilities will include managing, planning, coordinating & controlling the activities of the plant’s processing and packaging operations. This role will also manage maintenance, cooler, blow mold, employee training, safety, and environmental safety.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Reviews, develops & approves plans for control of outputs.
- Manages company budgets & spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency and effectiveness of maintenance.
- Develops, maintains & reviews operation performance against plans & standards. Gives team direction based on results. Anticipatory with plant issues.
- Recommends objectives in all areas of operations. Cultivates short term plans & programs with supporting budget requests & financial estimates.
- Supervises direct reports on the following: hiring, defining work load, training, performance, and delegating tasks/projects.
- Responsible for the retention of production staff. Ensures appropriate staff levels, performance management, CI and a sustained culture of accountability.
- Initiates & develops plans to make recommendations & implement new technology to improve capability and effectiveness.
- Drives company policy and procedures.
- All other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following is preferred: Dairy Manufacturing, Engineering, Dairy Science, or Food Science or Master’s Degree is preferred
- 10+ Years of experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- 5+ Years in a management level role and with dairy manufacturing is required.
- Strong verbal & written skills, and high emotional intelligence
- Great ability to motivate, lead a team, and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent in maintaining employee retention, attracting talent and developing the organization
- Solid knowledge/background of operational functions
- Strong knowledge of PMO and FDA regulatory requirements. Ability and desire to assume the role of PPS
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment that is noisy and has fluctuating temps.