City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Legal Secretary -- NEW OPPORTUNITY!
- Job Title
- Legal Secretary -- NEW OPPORTUNITY!
- Job ID
- Providence, RI
- Other Location
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a prestigious downtown Providence based law firm. Their need is for an experienced Litigation Legal Secretary.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Type, proofread, format and edit correspondence, pleadings, discovery responses, and other legal documents, often with short deadlines.
- Open new client matters and initiate conflict checks.
- Maintain paper and electronic files.
- Draft correspondence and communicate with attorneys and client contacts.
- Schedule appointments, depositions, meetings; maintain calendars; set up conference calls.
- File pleadings in state and federal courts
- Track and calendar internal and litigation deadlines.
- Answer, screen, and respond to phone calls.
- 5+ years’ experience as a litigation secretary
- Strong skills in word processing and computer use: ability to type 65 wpm with high accuracy; proficiency in MS Office Products (Word, Outlook, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat or Nuance required;
- High attention to detail and sensitivity to confidential materials.
- Excellent grammar, proofreading and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High level of energy; able to work at a fast pace and to prioritize tasks.
- Able to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in calm, composed manner.
- Able to understand and follow work instructions with minimal supervision.
Excellent benefits offered. Qualified? Please apply by submitting resume immediately.
City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Required Skills