Network Engineer (Telecommute) - Nationwide
- Job Title
- Network Engineer (Telecommute) - Nationwide
- Job ID
- McLean, VA 22102
- Other Location
Network Engineer (Telecommute)
Talent Orchard has been contracted by a top tier defense firm to assist with staffing an ongoing prime contract providing software expertise to support a Government Customer in the maintenance and modernization of key legacy applications (mostly Java and SQL). The applications reside in the Amazon GovCloud. The Network Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the network infrastructure for an AWS Enterprise Hosting program with 34+ applications in multiple environments.
This is a 100% telecommuting role.
- This position supports the deployment of infrastructure across the AWS environments. Must be a Team Player with self-motivation.
- The planning and execution of a variety of highly complex assignments associated with managing and controlling computer networks.
- Sets up and maintains more than one type of network.
- Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on systems to detect problems.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex network problems in a large-scale environment.
- Manage and configure as well as diagnose and resolve problems in support of Cisco router/firewalls, VPN tunnels, and network appliances and equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a cloud environment.
- Develop and maintain documentation of the network environment and to assist operational documentation to support the environment.
- Responsible for emergency off hours network support as needed including on-call duties.
- Assist with documentation of network design and architecture to ensure regulatory compliance.
- May take on role of Project Leader for special assignments. May coach and mentor more junior technical staff.
- Investigates and recommends methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Initiates preventive maintenance on the network environment as well as repair to system/environment problems.
- Administers and/or oversees systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules which are critical to the success of programs.
- Plans system/environment requirements for individual projects.
- May participate in the creation/maintenance of the overall management plan.
- May act as an internal consultant providing work direction and technical guidance to others.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience -OR- Masters and seven (7) years or more experience -OR- PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. **Additional experience in lieu of degree with be considered.
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance prior to starting work
- Must be familiar with AWS native networking functionality like WAF and ALBs. This position provides technical support for escalated Network Incidents and Problems.
- Cisco firewall experience
- Wireshark/tcpdump/PCAP experience
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with Splunk or some sort of SIEM desired
- CCNA or equivalent experience
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #AWS #networkengineer @DCjobs @NOVAjobs