Senior PHP Developer
- Job Title
- Senior PHP Developer
- Job ID
- Dearborn, MI
- Other Location
Senior PHP Developer
The PHP Developer is responsible for coding, bug remediation, and launching of projects through the Technology department. The position is ideal for someone who enjoys providing technical solutions in a collaborative environment. We are looking for an individual who can:
- Solve problems -- resolve issues thoroughly; focus on addressing the client's priorities first and foremost; investigate solutions completely through detailed research; know, understand and improve client standards; estimate tasks accurately; and provide clear explanations of deliverables, risks and assumptions; and takes ownership of their work and takes pride in their craft.
- Share knowledge -- communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external stakeholders, mentor other developers, tailor communication to the audience, and proactively provides timely and complete project statuses.
- Position self as Subject Matter Expert on appropriate work streams.
- Establish/Maintain Center of Excellence on various topics.
- Develop, test, implement, and maintain code for high-volume transactional applications.
- Work closely together with internal teams to implement required functionality and design.
- Ability to adhere to development and documentation standards.
- Ability to work with and oversee development process throughout the project life cycle.
- Maintain and support all company standards as specified within the Quality Management System.
- Supports/facilitates the mandatory adherence to ISO9001 requirements, processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficiency in PHP web frameworks and object oriented PHP programming.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns.
- Solid knowledge of jQuery, and Ajax.
- Basic understanding of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Knowledge of HTTP, REST, OAuth, and other standards in the web API ecosystem.
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management.
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines is a plus: Ex: InnoDB and MyISAM.
- Minimum of three+ years’ experience developing or testing commercial software of consumer facing web sites using modern technologies.
- Application design/technical support and/or programming experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Have physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities.