City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Charge Entry & Billing Specialist
- Job Title
- Charge Entry & Billing Specialist
- Job ID
- Warwick, RI
- Other Location
The role of the Charge Entry Specialist includes compiling charge and billing information. This role will also assist with coding and enters charges into the practice management systems.
Your duties will be to receive and review charge documents for accuracy and enters charges into practice management system, balance Charge Summary to tickets keyed before updating charges, works with A/R and payers on denials/rejections, extracts information from medical records, operative notes, hospital admissions, consults, progress notes and discharges, coordinates with front office staff on payment/billing issues, identifies quality issues with registration and scheduling activities and enters charges accurately and efficiently.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and medical coding
• Familiar with third party billing requirements and payment policies.
• Organization skills and ability to read Explanation of Benefits/Remittance Advice
• One to two years of coding, billing and charge entry experience in the health care field is a must.
• Must be able to perform 10-Key speed of 45 WPM or higher
Please apply by emailing your resume.
City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Required Skills