Sr. Creative Developer
- Job Title
- Sr. Creative Developer
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Other Location
The Senior Creative Developer works closely with the team to create interactive experiences across all types of media including VR, web and mobile. They are expected to lead projects from a development perspective, working with team members to assure projects go smoothly.
The Senior Creative Developer are responsible for translating creative designs into shippable products. This will often include learning new coding languages and creating testable prototypes
- Works with designers to defines experience objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user experiences by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Supports and mentors developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- 4-year college degree related to Information Technology, Human-Computer Interaction, Art & Design, or another relevant field.
- 4+ years’ experience in a development team or agency environment
- Strong proficiency and experience with PHP and frameworks such as WordPress and Drupal.
- Strong understanding of Unity 3D.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Proficient understanding of source control tools, including Git
- Excellent attention to detail and good organization skills
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with business, design, and development team members.