- Job Title
- Project Coordinator
- Job ID
- Northville, MI 48170
- Other Location
- Deliver systems on time, on budget, meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Validate the scope of the project and the budget.
- Determine internal manpower requirements. Determine external resource requirements, solicit bids from approved sources, and generate purchase orders as required.
- Keep a copy of a Microsoft Project timeline for each project. The timeline should remain current for both internal and external customers and should track both line builder and final assembly deliverables.
- Use Project Tracking Reports to maintain a current listing of hours remaining for installation, launch support, and correlation.
- Comparison of the original proposals to customer purchase orders. Changes will be documented, Project Change Requests processed, and issues resolved.
- Capture and compare ‘actual labor’ and ‘budgeted labor’ by project.
- Document all facets of the project by creating a virtual binder using the OnBase document storage capability.
- Attend customer meetings, and at customer locations, as required. Attend internal kick-off meetings, and customer kick-off meetings. Clarify customer responsibilities, expectations and timelines. Communicate and review progress with the customer as needed.
- After design is completed, conduct a design review with the same individuals that were involved with the initial technical feasibility review.
- Responsible for the technical direction of the installation.
- Maintain an ‘open actions list’ for all active projects.
- Assist Project Engineers during the installation, as needed.
- Perform the installation when feasible and assist Project Engineers as needed
- Schedule material and resources required during the installation (for example, bodies in station, electrical/PLC assistance, skilled trades, safety training, contracted services, etc.) Coordinate the installation of the tunnel structure, power drops, network drops, etc.
- Communicate project status
- Provide feedback on hardware and software performance during install. Use Team Track to document the issues and follow-up with engineering for a resolution.
- Responsible for the identification and successful resolution of all roadblocks to achieving buyoff.
- Provide mentoring, as needed, to the Project Engineers that are working on their projects
- Instill proper methodology and work habits in field teams during all phases of installation.
- This position has a field installation focus but requires participation in all aspects of project activity as directed by the Director of Field Operations.
- This role will not be managing the projects, but will be responsible for the overall quality of installations.
- Develop documentation required to define proper installation procedures for most applications.
- Mentor new field personnel and will be responsible for identifying training and development needs for the entire installation team.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Project Engineer to ensure the effective and efficient installation of products as they relate to the project scope and definition.
- Provide key OTJ training and real world experience during the development phase of new Project Engineers and subcontractors:
- Coordinate PE/subcontractor schedule to be involved in project phases designed to build knowledge and real world experience.
- Provide training to PE/subcontractor during down time to build skill level where needed.
- Qualify PE/subcontractor performance.
- Provide technical solutions and expert advice to all field personnel.
- Perform buyoff of systems prior to transferring the project to the Field Services team:
- Ensure all documentation is in order.
- Ensure systems are fully functional.
- Ensure data integrity.
- Assist PMs with integration buyoff to ensure system is setup as completely as possible.
- Attend project kickoffs and other project meetings, as needed.
- Ensure systems are configured correctly by applying technical knowledge and expertise.
- Support and develop documentation as required for products.
- Develop tools to assist project engineering during installation and support.
- Provide training on new tools and applications.
- Support release of Helix and provide support and training to field personnel.
Benefits of Role:
• Project Coordinator role is designed as a stepping stone between Project Engineering and Project Management. The Project Coordinator typically will have fewer projects, but will take a much more active role in the on-site project coordination and installation of all the projects.
Measures of Accountability:
• Tracks and reports on projects to customer’s requirements.
- Closely follows the progress of installations and ensures that they meet or exceed customer’s requirements.
- Anticipate problems in the project’s progress, launch support and training and notifies appropriate team members for input and resolution.
- Monitors the project margins and reports delays in installation or other customer-related issues to Director of Field Operations.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, Math, or Physics)
- Minimum of one (1) year of Project Engineering experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- The physical demands for this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform each Position Function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Training / Certifications:
• Basic System Training, typically gained as a Project Engineer.
- Safety Training as required, typically gained as a Project Engineer.
- Robot Training, typically gained as a Project Engineer.
Optional Training / Certifications:
- GD & T Training
- Basic Robotic and PLC Training
- AutoGauge training
- AutoGuide training
- AutoFit training
- AutoScan training