Executive Assistant II (DSPO)
- Job Title
- Executive Assistant II (DSPO)
- Job ID
- Alexandria, VA
- Other Location
Clearance Required: Favorable background check
The Defense Suicide Prevention Office (DSPO) is the focal point for all suicide prevention strategic development, implementation, centralization, standardization, communication and evaluation of Department of Defense (DoD) suicide programs, policies and surveillance activities. Its responsibilities include increasing awareness among members of the Armed Forces about suicide related risk and protective factors and decreasing stigma associated with seeking help for mental health care. DSPO requires support to carry out the recommendations from the DoD Task Force on the Prevention of Suicide by Members of the Armed Forces Report in 2010. The responsibilities directed by the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness under Department of Defense Directive 6914.14, Defense Suicide Prevention Program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in drafting, editing, publishing, and distributing various routine documents to include technical reports, congressional reports, presentations, and information papers.
- Prepare and review daily/routine memos in accordance with Office of the Secretary of Defense standards.
- Ensure appropriate coordination and signatures are obtained on correspondence packages.
- Assist in the preparation of responses to White House, DoD and other federal agency leadership and nongovernment suicide prevention and resilience stakeholders.
- Prepare and review routine Congressional inquiries, testimony and speeches. Historically, on an annual basis, DSPO receives 25 to 35 congressional inquiries and reviews a minimum of 30 speeches and testimonies.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing packages through the Department's Correspondence and Task Management System.
- Maintain and provide a daily report on tasks due which includes to whom the task is due, the date due and the DSPO point of contact that is responsible for the task.
- Provide recommendations for office operating procedures to improve workflow and ensure consistency and accuracy of methods of operation.
- Provide executive level support to the Director, Defense Suicide Prevention Office.
- Schedule and maintain the Director’s calendar and make logistical arrangements necessary to ensure timely arrival at various meeting locations.
- Schedule and maintain the DSPO Office calendar to ensure accountability of office personnel and meeting facility usage.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- 5-10 years of experience providing senior executive administrative support.
- Must be familiar with Office of the Secretary of Defense and Department of Defense writing styles as contained in DoD Manual 5110.04-M, Volume 1, DoD Manual for Written Material: Correspondence Management and DoD 5110.04-M, Volume 2, DoD Manual for Written Material: Examples and Reference Material.
- Normal office environment
- No travel outside of National Capital Region
Azimuth Corporation, founded in 2001, is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), dedicated to serving our customers as a trusted partner. As a small business, we remain flexible and affordable. We listen and respond to the needs of our customer. The solutions we develop are a direct result of our strong partnerships. We provide exceptional leadership in program and administrative management, bringing expertise within national security, research and development, installation management and industrial base analysis mission areas.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Azimuth Corporation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Required Skills
Must have 5 years experience. Must know DTS, CATMs, and Microsoft Office. Must know DoD Manual 5110.04-M, Volume 1 and Volume 2.