Executive Assistant II (OUSD(I))
- Job Title
- Executive Assistant II (OUSD(I))
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA
- Other Location
Clearance Required: Top Secret/SCI adjudicated by DoD CAF or DIA
Roles and Responsibilities
- Complete all required correspondence actions (e.g. formal letters, memorandum, read-ahead briefing/meeting packages, activity reports, senior leadership reports, and travel/training/personnel documents).
- Ensure documents are prepared in the appropriate DoD format. Documentation shall be clear, concise, and valid to also include substantive editing to ensure document organization and quality is within OSD standards. Tasks may include technical writing/editing, editorial consultation, proofreading, or overall documentation review.
- Maintain leadership’s daily calendar and ensure operations are accomplished in a timely, professional manner; In addition, arranging meetings, conferences, and video-teleconferencing to include taking minutes and maintaining invitations and attendee contact rosters. Prepare and/or oversee travel arrangements for staff personnel and assist with developing travel reports and travel vouchers, upon completion of travel using Defense Travel System (DTS). Arrange for official local transportation, reimbursement for expenses incurred, and renewal of parking permits.
- Track and report weekly the work/leave status of all office employees via the Automated Time and Attendance and Production System or its equivalent and reviewing, monitoring, and reporting the status of action item activities and products using the Staff Action Control and Coordination Portal program.
- Serves as the administrative point of contact for government staff personnel in a sensitive compartmented information facility (SCIF). Tasks include monitoring access to SCIF, preparing and maintaining essential logistic and security requirements for the SCIF, answering phones, maintaining office files and the office filing system, and tracking action items in the OUSD(I) suspense portal. In addition, provide security support to special access programs as required. Utilize knowledge of administrative management, automation equipment, and/or various software packages to input, retrieve, compile and manage information.
- Maintain records for control and accountability of classified correspondence, special access correspondence, and other material received in the office, making distribution to appropriate members of the staff. Ensures all office records are marked, filed, and retained in accordance with OSD and federal records disposition schedule, approved by the National Archives and Records Administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- HS Diploma or Associates Degree (Business Administration, Management, Homeland Defense, or International Affairs).
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration, Management, Homeland Defense, or International Affairs) and/or Military Experience preferred.
- 3 years demonstrated administrative experience.
- Maintaining a calendar, answering phones, preparing briefings, and setting and tracking suspense is required
- Min 3 years’ drafting and editing correspondence, briefing slides, and memorandums.
- Min 3 years’ experience performing responsibilities which includes tracking suspense’s, staffing packages, and coordinating actions with both internal and external customers, resolving/de-conflicting issues.
- Experience with OUSD(I).
- Experience with Defense Travel System (DTS) or similar travel system.
- Expert proficiency level with Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient organizational skills.
- Ability to interact diplomatically with high-level internal and external personnel.
- Normal office environment
- No travel outside of National Capital Region
Azimuth Corporation, founded in 2001, is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), dedicated to serving our customers as a trusted partner. As a small business, we remain flexible and affordable. We listen and respond to the needs of our customer. The solutions we develop are a direct result of our strong partnerships. We provide exceptional leadership in program and administrative management, bringing expertise within national security, research and development, installation management and industrial base analysis mission areas.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Azimuth Corporation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Required Skills
Must have 3 years of Admin experience. Must know DTS, CATMs, and Microsoft Office.