- Job Title
- Job ID
- Falls Church, VA
- Other Location
Clearance Required: Secret
The Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) Audit Infrastructure Office (AIO) was created to centrally manage all actions, deliverables, and responses for the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) (OUSD(C)) Financial Integrity/Audit Readiness (FIAR). The requirement for the personnel will be to develop, manage, and report on the inventory and asset management valuation taskings in support of FIAR initiatives, multiple Integrated Master Schedules (IMS), and multiple FIAR status reports to ensure PFPA is ready for DoD-wide audit.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Asset Valuation
- Establish and validate the assets records in DPAS has correlating Key Supporting Documents (KSD) in the logistics records.
- Develop Deemed Costs for General Equipment using approved DoD processes.
- Develop and document methodology for Deemed Costs.
- Determine depreciation value for assets using DoD approved process.
- Develop and document methodology for depreciation.
- Enter financial data for identified inventory and assets into DPAS ensuring that all entries are correct and complete and values match the recorded values in the financial system.
- Inventory Accounting in DPAS
- All accounting functions related to personal and real property.
- Construction in Progress (CIP) reporting.
- Costs and Depreciation of Assets.
- Generate DPAS Accounting Reports.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other guiding documents for recording the valuation of inventory, assets, and depreciation in DPAS.
- General Ledger
- Establish and validate that assets recorded in DPAS have correlating KSDs in the accounting records.
- Prepare spreadsheet of inventory valuation and depreciation for PFPA Accountant to review for submission to the GL.
- Upon WHS-FMD declaring the official system of record, review the GL to ensure amounts are correct valuation of inventory, assets, and depreciation in the GL.
- Ensure that all taskings related inventory and asset management have been identified.
- Prepare SOPs on inventory and asset valuation and Deemed Costs procedures.
- Ensure that the IMS due outs for other directorates in PFPA have been properly identified and that any related tasking’s are submitted on time.
- Accompany the Logistics government Team Lead to all IMS meetings as deemed appropriate by the govern lead.
- Ensure that all artifacts, SOPs, and other forms of guidance are in the naming convention as described by the National Archives Records Act and in the proper electronic folder in the PFPA computer drives.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from an accredited American University or College with 5 years of experience.
- OR Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration from an accredited American University or College with 24 hours of Accounting with 5 years of experience.
- OR Asset Valuation Certification from a legal entity so designated to issue certification with 10 years of experience.
- Must be proficient in DPAS or similar government accounting system.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, Access, Outlook, and Powerpoint).
- Must be proficient in Adobe Acrobat.
Physical Requirements / Travel
- Normal office environment
- No travel outside of National Capital Region
Azimuth Corporation, founded in 2001, is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), dedicated to serving our customers as a trusted partner. As a small business, we remain flexible and affordable. We listen and respond to the needs of our customer. The solutions we develop are a direct result of our strong partnerships. We provide exceptional leadership in program and administrative management, bringing expertise within national security, research and development, installation management and industrial base analysis mission areas.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Azimuth Corporation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Asset Valuation
- Required Skills
Bachelor's Degree with 5 years experience. Must know DPAS, Microsoft Office, and Adobe.