Please select the position below that you want to apply for or just create a profile. You will be assigned a username and password, which will allow you to come back and update your information or resume. There will be a couple of fields to enter your information and then you will see a list of general questions about job requirements and your surveying experience. Answering these questions is not required, but will better assist SPS in matching you with available job opportunities. The last field will require you to upload your resume to our database. Now you are ready to click the save button. You will receive two emails upon submittal that will contain your username, password and profile links. A representative with SPS will contact you to review your profile, experience, and job needs.
- Job Title
- CADD Technician
- Job ID
- Portland, OR 92123
- Other Location
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
This position assists land surveyors by preparing survey drawings in an AutoCAD CIVIL3D and or MicroStation environment and performs related office tasks. The successful candidate will possess the ability to understand and perform survey computations, data reduction, compile backup documentation, create Excel spreadsheets, prepare survey drawings to include Record of Survey plats, Right-of-Way (ROW) plans and parcel plats. This is primarily an Office position. Work tasks will be under the direction of a Professional Land Surveyors and Party Chiefs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates CAD drawings for Survey / Engineering projects.
- Creates and modifies maps for special assignments.
- Work primarily in the office on ROW, control, boundary, subdivision, and topographic surveys, i.e. data reduction, field note reduction, calculations, data checks and staking computations using survey programs and AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation.
- Incorporates subdivision plats and drawing files into maps.
- PLS-CADD experience a plus.
- Performs mathematical calculations and field checking of field data.
- Takes accurate and clear notes and performs note reduction.
- Reads and understands plans and specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.