Sr. SQL DBA (MS SQL Server 14-17 AAG/DAAG & NoSQL, Experience with 8 TB+) - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. SQL DBA (MS SQL Server 14-17 AAG/DAAG & NoSQL, Experience with 8 TB+) - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Sr. SQL DBA (MS SQL Server 14-17 AAG/DAAG & NoSQL, Experience with 8 TB+)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
- Manage Microsoft SQLServer (MSSQL) RDBMS’ through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Analyzing business requirements and defining system specifications.
- Supporting business and technical professionals in process improvement, technical designs and quality assurance, with emphasis on problem resolution and proactive delivery.
- Configure and maintain database servers, MSSQL RDBMS and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
- Install/upgrade/configure MSSQL 2014 - 2017.
- Configure and deploy High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions for critical applications to meet SLA’s and limit the outage within the given RPO / RTO.
- Configuring MSSQL Always-On Availability Groups in SQL 2012 / 2014 / 2016 / 2017 for High Availability of database servers as a part of disaster recovery solution.
- Apply Critical Patch updates and Patch Set Upgrades to the RDBMS.
- Implementing new database technologies introduced by MSSQL to improve the performance and throughput of the database and increase the availability and reliability on the SQL Server environment.
- Knowledgeable with NoSQL technologies and how to improve customer experiences.
- Responsible for day-to- day database support and maintenance activities, such as database backups, restores, Query optimization, DBCC, from development to mission-critical production systems to meet or exceed business and IT needs.
- Setup and Design of backup and recovery solutions, according to Disaster Recovery scenarios, Plan and Document specifications.
- Writing high-level Test Plans and Test cases based on baseline requirements.
- Provide support for the client applications and solved client issues.
- Document the company’s database environment
- Install and administer SSAS, SSRS and SSIS
- 24/7/365 support of the environment thru on-call rotation
- 10 years of IT experience (or 6 years of IT experience with Masters degree)
- At least 6 to 8 years of DBA experience
- SQLServer 2014 – 2017
- MUST have worked on SQLServer AAG and DAAG setup and operations
- MUST have worked on managing operations of large (8 TB+) databases
- MUST have worked on both transactional and warehouse databases
- Batch and Powershell scripting
- Have some experience with Hadoop, and other NoSQL platforms along with KSH, and RHEL
- Share knowledge and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other team members.
- Team player and the ability to work in a collaborative environment