Network Engineer / Architect (Telework)
- Job Title
- Network Engineer / Architect (Telework)
- Job ID
- Reston, VA
- Other Location
Network Engineer / Architect (Telework)
Talent Orchard has been contracted by a top tier defense firm to assist with staffing a brand new contract opportunity and we are seeking a Network Engineer/Architect for an opportunity in Reston, VA. This opportunity will be supporting the Department of Transportation (FMCSA). The DOT FMCSA supports the DOT mission by leading the development and implementation of an enterprise information technology (IT) infrastructure.
- Participates as the lead Networking subject matter expert in the development of solutions in support of new business and application expansion.
- Research, analyze, trade-off, conduct proof-of-concept and recommend critical networking solutions to assure scalability, extensibility, robustness and security.
- Keep current on emerging/new technologies through educational opportunities, research, professional affiliations and personal networking.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex network problems in a large-scale environment.
- Provide overall direction for operating system and network appliance performance and enhancements.
- Provide technical expertise in analyzing, diagnosing and resolving problems in support of Cisco router/switches, VPN tunnels, and network appliances.
- Capacity planning of the network by monitoring and analyzing network, performance and availability.
- Demonstrated experience working within a cloud environment.
- Proactively research and evaluate tools and technologies as appropriate to the network environment while developing solution to increase better performance and lower the total cost of ownership within an AWS environment.
- Oversee, develop and maintain documentation for the implementation of new technologies in the network and to assist on program-level documentation to support the environment.
- Responsible for emergency off hours network support as needed including on-call duties.
- Approves and modifies network design and architecture to ensure regulatory compliance.
- May take on role of Project Leader for special assignments. May coach and mentor more junior technical staff.
- Able to obtain a DoT Public Trust prior to starting
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience -OR-
- Masters and seven (7) years or more experience -OR-
- PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Additional experience in lieu of degree with be considered
- Experience analyzing, diagnosing and resolving problems in support of Cisco (or equivalent) router/switches, VPN tunnels, and network appliances
- Experience with capacity planning of the network by monitoring and analyzing network, performance and availability
- Demonstrated understanding of end-to-end security and ability to provide risk analysis
- Cisco Firewalls (or equivalent)
- Experience with wireshark/pcap required, experience with Splunk or some sort of SIEM desired
- Certifications, CCIE or equivalent demonstrated level of experience desired.
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #Network #networkengineer @DCjobs