AWS Cloud Engineer (Telecommute)
- Job Title
- AWS Cloud Engineer (Telecommute)
- Job ID
- McLean, VA 22102
- Other Location
AWS Cloud Engineer (Telecommute)
DC Metro Area
Talent Orchard has been contracted by a top tier defense firm to assist with staffing an ongoing prime contract providing software expertise to support a Government Customer in the maintenance and modernization of 30 key legacy applications (mostly Java and SQL). The applications reside in the Amazon GovCloud. For this opportunity, we are seeking an experienced AWS Cloud Engineer to support operations of Cloud infrastructure and server technologies.
- Maintain/update AWS gold images for windows and RHEL platforms.
- Install, configure, patch monitor and maintain Windows and RHEL, Centos, and Oracle instances in the environment.
- Perform routine and advanced system administration duties for the cloud infrastructure.
- Understand and execution on network elements in AWS. To include: ALBs, NLBs, Route53, VPCs
- Understand and execution on AWS highly available and resilient solutions: HAProxy, RDS, NGINX, AutoScaling Groups
- Understand and execute for DevOPS practices: Ansible, Docker, Chef, Jenkins
- Understand and execution on storage solutions in AWS: EBS optimization, AWS Storage gateway, S3, Cloudfront
- Performed migration from on premise solutions into AWS cloud
- Understand and execution on monitoring, metrics and governance within an AWS framework
- Understand PIV integration
- Leads cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems that may be across multiple systems and subsystems requiring in depth knowledge of the highly sophisticated Cloud environment and IT infrastructure
- Documents standard operating procedures and recommend updates to optimize service delivery in alignment with ITIL best practices
- Documents and implements change requests; evaluate change requests for potential enterprise wide impacts
- Provide support for VPN solutions, IPSec, TLS
- Provides occasional off-hours remote support for planned maintenance work, unplanned support issues, or to meet customer SLAs. May occasionally require on-site work at a data center during off-hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related discipline and 14 years of relevant experience, or additional relevant experience without the degree
- Amazon Web Services Certified Solution Architect - Associate (Certifications)
- Solid Cloud experience providing technical support to Enterprise networks
- Experience with Cloud automation (Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with Splunk
- Must possess good communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively monitor server components and systems, including network and storage connections, server and associated hypervisors, Active Directory, DNS, and other IT components
- Understanding of distributed complex AWS architecture, with the ability to update and troubleshoot
- Understanding of configuration, administration, patching, performance tuning/optimization, and troubleshooting for cloud or virtualization platforms
- Extensive scripting background with PowerShell, Python, and/or bash
- Understanding of virtual infrastructure hardware, operating systems, and VMs on servers which support business processing requirements
- Experience entering and updating incident tickets in tracking systems, such as ServiceNow or Remedy
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
- Must live in the DC/NOVA area
Additional Desired Skills:
- ITIL Foundations v3
- Familiarity of SAN/NAS storage technology
- Familiarity with Server automation technologies such as Ansible/Chef/Puppet
- Familiarity with complex Windows AD solutions
- Familiarity of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Familiarity in architecting DR solutions in the cloud
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #AWS #cloudengineer #AWSsolutionarchitect #cloudautomation #SDLC @DCjobs @NOVAjobs