Regional Sales Manager - Southern California/Hawaii
- Job Title
- Regional Sales Manager - Southern California/Hawaii
- Job ID
- Los Angeles, CA
- Other Location
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Melinta is the largest pure-play antibiotics company, dedicated to saving lives threatened by the global public health crisis of bacterial infections through the discovery, development and commercialization of novel antibiotics that provide new therapeutic solutions. Its four marketed products include Baxdela™ (delafloxacin), Vabomere™ (meropenem and vaborbactam), Orbactiv®(oritavancin), and Minocin® (minocycline) for Injection. It also has an extensive pipeline of preclinical and clinical-stage products representing many important classes of antibiotics, each targeted at a different segment of the anti-infective market. Together, this portfolio provides Melinta with the unique ability to offer health care providers and patients with a range of solutions that can meet the tremendous need for novel antibiotics treating serious infections.
The Regional Sales Manager, Key Accounts will be responsible for managing a geographical area that includes up to 12 territories and will provide supervision and coaching their respective Key Account Managers (KAMs) on relevant personnel and operational matters. This position will be responsible for increasing sales and meeting objectives and is accountable for the overall success of the geographical area and customer base, including clinicians, hospitals, and integrated delivery networks within the assigned geography.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Increases sales in the geographical area by coaching, mentoring, supporting and managing the group of Key Account Managers (KAMs) in the area
- Develop regional sales plans for new business and expanding existing accounts
- Conduct field observations with each Key Account Manager, calling on assigned institutions
- Complete field coaching reports after each travel session
- Coach group to make effective sales presentations, achieve formulary approval/pull-through and develop relationships with key institutional contacts by offering examples that improve performance
- Plan and conduct effective sales meetings. Ensure compliance of Company policies and regional expectations.
- Implement new programs, compensation packages and marketing pieces as provided by the Home office
- Collaborate and communicate with Sales, Medical Affairs, National Accounts, Marketing, and Sales
- Administration on all needs, opportunities, Key Opinion Leader touch points, formulary changes and pull-through initiatives.
- Develop and deliver account specific strategies to profitably maintain and grow the business.
- Highly motivated, results driven individual
- Must be able to work well independently and as a team member; under pressure and shifting priorities.
- Self-starter with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, (written and oral) presentation and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills to ensure timelines are met, as well as the ability to prioritize and multitask
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and continued industry related education.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Proven ability to coach and develop direct reports · Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc.
- Willingness and ability to provide proof of childhood immunizations, a negative TB test and other requirements, as set by each hospital’s credentialing protocol for access.
Industry Specific Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years successfully leading institutional account managers
- Minimum of 10 years of related pharmaceutical sales, marketing and/or training experience.
- Hospital experience strongly encouraged
- Buy and Bill experience preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline is required. An MBA is preferred
75% travel. May involve some travel to conferences and/or sales meetings as necessary
It is our Company's policy to employ, retain, promote, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants without regard to any individuals’ race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or protected veteran status.
In compliance with local, state, national and federal disability laws world-wide, we would be happy to reasonably accommodate any disability needs in support of the application process. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org you want to request accommodation in order to apply.
No recruiter or agency calls please. Melinta Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #rsm #regionalsalesmanager #salesjobs #infectiousdisease #hospitalsales #buyandbill #socal